1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

winter activities

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by neets, Dec 19, 2009.

1. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

what are the winter activities that you have been involved in ,i mean the outdoor ones.last year we had gone for skiing,it was fun and too good,but not knowing the serious accidents that could happen we were less worried,and one of our friend slammed into a wood building structure while skiing on a slope.thanks god nothing serious happened to him.So this time we thought of trying out sledding and tubing. i have still not found out the places availabe in and around illinois.does any one know of any resorts in or around il[3-4hrs drive place] il...????and what other fun activities have you been doing..??

2. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sounds fun...
    We tried Ice-Skating twice last winter.. and before going i was telling my DH that we'll hold hands and skate and sing lalalaa like movies.. :rotfl
    But the moment I entered the ring, i dint leave the side rail at all..
    OMG it was so scary and fell down 3 times..
    the next time also I fell down 2 times and my butt was totally gone.. Its so tough to skate.

Because of this am a little scared about skiing

3. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Ranchu glad to see you response,my fellow h1! started working..?m still in project search.hope to see your reply in h1 threads.

yeah i guessed so,last day i was forcing my husband o get into the ice ring at chicago downtown,he didnt allow me,that was for good i guess!

Skiing boots were damn heavy,lifting our leg to walk was like lifting metal ball attached to our shoes.and once we fall down,its very diffciult to get up,someone strong has to come and pull us up,and then in one stretch 5 of us had fallen down while helping the other to get up :):):):)

4. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Neetu,

try going to wisconsin dells indoor water parks. Even though it is indoor it is lot fun in there..water games. I will reply to your email soon..:)

5. aks_1985

aks_1985 Senior IL'ite

oh nice to see you guys are having fun....we are going to Minneapolis for winter ..and this weekend we will be going to downtown to visit children museum for Pradhan to have fun....

6. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

thats an option archana,thanks ! but we were thinking of something to enjoy the snow too! have heard Kalahari and wilderness resorts are too good! and got your reply too,thank you!

akshata happy trip! downtown looks very bright with all decoration and lights!!