1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 19, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

What winning is to me is not giving up, is no matter what's thrown at me, I can take it. And I can keep going.
    Patrick Swayze

I may not win but I always like to take part in anything. I know in some cases I am not that talented but still I take part in that because the pleasure you get in taking part is more than winning. In any game only one person can win.

Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.
    Wilma Rudolph

People will walk in and walk out of your life, but the one whose footstep made a long lasting impression is the one you should never allow to walk out.”
    Michael Bassey Johnson

Its not only winning a game but also winning a heart gives pleasure, especially you win someone's heart and become partners in life. In earlier days parents used to get married their daughter to a boy who is more educated than her and were told to give respect to them and be adjusting to them and be with them till the end.

Now a days times have changed the parents leave to their children to select their partners . They love each other very much, cant be without each other, fight also sometimes, can be without talking also , both don't want to give up. Its not long then they become friends. Both are well educated . The parents cannot interfere because if they talk for one person the other will get angry. But their children cant see them away from each other and make them friends and they start talking.

In present world life has become challenging in everything whether living your married life, bringing up children, having a good job , achieving something in life etc. etc. If you know the knack of living a happy life then you are the happiest person in the world.

Immature love says: 'I love you because I need you.' Mature love says 'I need you because I love you.'
    Erich Fromm

Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.
    Barbara de Angelis

2. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Mrs. Viji... I ao needed this, Thanks! for giving me a good thought to start my day :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sveta86

sveta86 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vijiamma,

Nice post.

1 person likes this.
  4. shyamfree

shyamfree New IL'ite

nice one,..................................

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Heron glad you liked my post and your day started good

1 person likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sveta dear glad to know you liked the post

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread Shyam and glad you liked the post

8. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Hi @Iyerviji
    I liked your post a lot
    Thank you for sharing this :thankyou2:
    What you said is :exactly:true
    Regards,
    Sahana

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

@Sahana1 dear thanks for the nomination and glad to know you liked the post and thought worthy of nomination. You brought a smile on my face wth your nomination and made this 71 year old happy . Among the great writers here it is difficult to get my post nominated.

1 person likes this.