1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will your dh help in cooking or any other home works

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chitrajaraika, Feb 7, 2011.

1. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

when i am newly married i dont know cooking but had some basic ideas about cooking.I prepared breakfast and lunch for him but he voluntarily come and help me like chopping onion and cutting vegetables. sometimes he will help in home works and he is an expert in egg omlete preparation,making dough ,egg fry,sambar preparation superly.i too learnt some recipes from him.he always give his suggestion to improvise my cooking.

But if his parents arrived means he wont help me but help me a little due to prestige issue before his parents otherwise they will blame me know.

really i am lucky to have my dh.sometimes he suprise me with bed coffee on sunday.

whenever my dh have time he help me. mostly i will ask him to take rest but for my health sake he help me.

2. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

Nice to know about your DH caring for you...

We are a nuclear family (DH, DD and me) and both of us are working...Of course DH helps me in almost EVERY household chore e.g. cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, cleaning car, shopping veggies, grocery, watering plants, playing with DD, bathing her, changing her clothes, putting her to bed, changing her diapers and feeding her dinner etc...we do not have strict division of work as what i should do and what he'll be doing...we do it as per our availability and we enjoy working together :)

And no, he does not stop helping me when any of his/mine relatives or friends etc are around :) We take pride in helping each other as couple :thumbsup

~s.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  3. srajitha

srajitha Silver IL'ite

no my Hubby hardly knows any household stuff. He definetly tries his best to help me but unfortunately it becomes more work for me :rotfl

4. hobbes83

hobbes83 Bronze IL'ite

Nice to hear about husbands helping around the house :)

My husband did everything from cooking to cleaning for two weeks initially when i got married and came here. But these days whenever I do something he always makes it a point to ask me "do you need help? I'm not doing anything" but it's a non written agreement between us that I should always say no. If I say yes I need help, then he becomes all grumpy and comes up with a lot of miraculously quick headaches or fever syndromes.

I guess I should be satisfied that he offers to help :roll:

5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

my dh certainly helps in a lot of household chores, at least the ones he can. he may not know how to cook, but certainly he helps wash up, wipe vessels, sweep, wipe the floor. we have domestic help, but on occasions when the maid plays hookey for more than two days and i do not have any alternative help, he helps out in all the above ways. no job is "his" or "mine". and this is irrespective of whether there are other people present or otherwise. i am fortunate that my dh has no hangups and for that i am very grateful.:bowdown

6. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Soniya, I am also lucky to get someone like my dear hubby !!
    He helps me in all household chores and does not mind sharing the work since I am also working full time !!
    Right now when I am in Indus responding to your thread, he is busy cutting salads for our lunch boxes tomorrow !! God bless him for being so caring and loving !!

7. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

My DH can't cook (unless you count boiling pasta) so he can't help me there. Once in a blue moon when I am sick, he may boil pasta, pour bottled pasta sauce over it and bring it to me in a plate. Sometimes the pasta is over or undercooked and or there is too much salt and I think to myself 'this was really not a good idea'.

However he helps out around the house in so many ways. He is the one that loads and unloads the dishwasher, changes DS's diapers from 7pm to 7am. He organizes my fridge and freezer so that everything will fit - that is biggie for me! He does the laundy regularly and sometimes folds them too! He gasses up my car, takes it for service, checks air pressure etc. etc.

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

There is no 'ur chore', 'my chore' at home. Anything that needs to get done will be done by the person who is most free. . He cooks ,cleans, organizes and can literally make the boys not miss me even one teensy bit when I travel for work (not good for my ego :( ).Actually to be honest whatever he does he does it better than me. Takes his sweet time but the end product is usually well worth the wait.

9. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

JAG - Thats awesome that the both of you run the house and family like that! Your kids have good good role models.

10. RagaPrasanna

RagaPrasanna Platinum IL'ite

Yes.. My DH helps me out in almost everything! He cooks well (once in 2 or 3 weeks!), loads/unloads dishwasher almost everyday, does laundry, vaccuums.. So its EVERYTHING! Such a sweetie pie he is.. :kiss

JAG, Just as you said, my DH takes little bit extra time but finally the end result will be just perfect! Always better than what I do... :)