1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Sit With Me?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 15, 2008.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    A relevant subject to be discussed.Definitely any body can learn computer varying from data entry ,typing to programming.A mathematics teacher,accountant,lawyers,doctors can learn it but a computer learned person may not become a lawyer nor he may know mathematics.I have seen many known persons shifting their career to software programming.
    So it happens that people keep saying “world have changed”,”We live in a computer age”.Definitely the world is not changing,but only the people keeps changing which reminds me of the old Shivaji song”Vantha naal mudhal indha naal varai kaalam maaravillai manidhan maarivittan”.

Moreover a thing which is new sounds more interesting and favourable to everybody so as the PC.Moreover a fresh graduate earn a salary which is equivalent to earned by persons having more years of experience in relevant fields.This sounds strange.

And about the synchronization of people with the modern world ,is really an inextricable problem and a million dollar question.Your words
    “If a cup of water is taken from the ocean, all the waters of the world will have to move over to fill the gap. You are important. The world will not be the same without you.”

throws some shade on the scenario.It is like a good man who is the odd man out among the opposite as to a non smoker in a group of chainsmokers.Please excuse me everyone ,I am just giving an instance and I repeat my words “The world is not changing “.
    But on the whole I totally agree with your statement above.

A wonderful concept and an outlet for our views/opinions.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Hello Swati,
    Somehow I missed this post of yours. Sorry for the delay in responding to it.
    I am happy that you liked this statement of mine and happier still to know that you are going to follow that in your life.
    Honestly, Swati, I have been following this statement all my life. When I wrote the nation's toughest examination, we were not allowed to use calculators. I used log tables to do the heavy calculations. Computers were unheard of.
    And today our work has totally changed. I still feel that our core is the same while the format of work and the manner of delivery has changed.
    thanks Swati for the post.
    regards,

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,

You have the reputation of coming in with a bang. I was overwhelmed by your affection - I saw your posts in many of my forums on the same day. Like the hungry man in front of whom rich food is spread I honestly don't know where to start.

Let me just sit and relax and hence I chose this thread to welcome you to
    my forum. I am sure your incisive posts will add to the colour and vigour of my threads. Welcome, Ma'am, to my forum.

When computers came in people mistakenly thought that it was everything. I remember talking to an old time accountant in TVS when their company was computerised way back in 1981. PCs had not come. They had what they called as mainframes. Floppy disks were yet to appear. They had this Hollerith Cards which you can now see only in a museum.

This Accountant was day-dreaming about the computerisation. When asked what he expected of the computer he told us, that the computer should first welcome the customer with a smile and arrange a seat for him.Then give him some refreshment and gently pat his shoulders and ask what he wants. The computer should keep his requirements in its memory, walk into the inventory section, pull out all the items, pack it, prepare a bill, collect cash from the customer and then send him out with a proper gatepass.

If that happened, I told him, then you and I will lose our jobs.

I enjoyed your detailed write-up, Bhargavi. Looking forward for more.
    regards,

4. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    I am speechless,wordless.I was really astonished by your replies to my feedback .Actually yesterday I was eagerly awaiting to see ur reply but unfortunately the net connection was down and I kept trying till night.Like a student who feels excited and anxious on the day the examination result is to be announced I feel the same way.

My heartfelt thanks for your words of praise sir. I am really lucky and happy to hear those words from you which follows

I was overwhelmed by your affection - I saw your posts in many of my forums on the same day. Like the hungry man in front of whom rich food is spread I honestly don't know where to start.

These words are more than anything for me.

You are a person who makes myriad of wonderful contributions to IL (and also to the society)which boosts interest and enthusiasm and you are already flooded with overwhelming feedbacks of appreciation.My fb is just a drop among a ocean.Still you have replied with utmost care and concern.This shows your down to earth attitude ,what to say I am dumb-found.Thanks a ton once again for your prompt response and taking your time to choose this thread my dear sir.

Meet you in some other interesting thread (contribution) of yours….

Love and regards
    BC