1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Sit With Me?

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 15, 2008.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lalitha,

I have already counted you. The dais is strong enough. Has it not withstood all of my 90 kgs? So don't worry.

Change is not just a basic need; it is a basic threat for us. Even while describing survival of the fittest, Darwin talks about the powers of adaptability. The ability to learn new skills is at the core of survival.

That is true. I still feel that accounting like engineering or mathematics should be learnt pretty early in life. I had my first accounting class when I was hardly 16, in my pre-university course. The basic lessons are now ingrained in my system.
    Recently a friend from the US wanted me to tell the basic rules of debit and credit for his 11 year old son. When I sent the mail, he was very happy. He told me that the rules looked quite simple when narrated by me. I told him that the entire credit should go to my PUC commerce teacher who drilled those rules deep into my mind.

Thanks once again, Lalitha, for accepting the invitation to sit with me.
    love,

2. varalotti

Dear veda Vyasan,

Thanks for agreeing with me. Computer Programmers are very good at logic. But the problem with them is they never appreciate the human element. When you provide complex instructions then there is a great likelihood for failure.

Now thanks to the modern software and the experience gained both by the accountants and the computer programmers, communication is happening in a much easier fashion.

I always tell my accountant friends to discuss the various "screens" in detail with the ERP people and not bother about what's happening in the back-end. At times I feel that it is better to go for standard packages. Packages like SAP etc do not allow to customize the software beyond a particular limit. In a way it is better to have an unchangable core an then build a system over it.

By the way I am now made to guess that the arguments you had with one new computer programmer got you a very good wife. Is my guess right?
    Well, why don't you two talk of some malarum nininaivukal?
    regards,

3. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear sridhar ,
    My answer to ur question : " I would love to sit with you on the dais " ( since i havn't got that golden oppurtunity so far ) ! Of course ...whatever you talk on accountancy or anything regarding your profession is going to be ' greek & latin ' for me ! Still i hope to enjoy seeing others enjoy ur speech & the honour that will be given to me as ur wife ! ( poovodu serndhu naarum maNakkaramaadhiri ! ) ! ( will you fulfil my wish ? - no ... no... don't use this name to ur next thread plea...se , sridhar ....! :bowdown)
    The only portion i loved and understood was :
    Excellant words ! Unforgettable !
    Love ,
    Indhu.

4. varalotti

Dear, dear Indhu,

I was just hoping upon hope that you will reply to this thread. In fact I did not want to start the next thread till I get a reply from you.

When I extend the invitation to you, I will have to be very careful. Because when you sit by my side, I will pale into insignificance with such a beauty by my side. And no one (the accountants included) will look at me or listen to me.

Out of modesty you have given a good simile. Poo and Naar. I accept my position as the poo. But you are not just the naar that holds the flowers together. You are the root of the plant which gives the very fragrance to the flowers. Of course you know very well that if the flower does not get the nourishment from the roots, it will wilt and fall away. Flowers plucked from the plant might have the fragrance for some time, at the most a few hours. But after that the flowers will have no life.

Yes it was sent by sms to me (and should have been sent to you as well) by a wonderful person we both know. That's why the words are so profound and so enjoyable.
    Thanks for the nice fb, Indhu.
    love,

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  5. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

If I go at this rate, what will be by next topic. To be frank I have already decided on the next topic and hopefully will post it today, late in the evening.

Now it is contest time in IL. This is a small unofficial contest conducted by Varalotti. The first prize is a Class E 220 Benz, a furnished accommodation in Velachery, a round trip ticket to Interlaken, Swiss.... none of the above. It will be just a "Well done, my dear friend" from this poor, mofussil accountant.

You don't have much time to give your entries. So hurry! Don't miss the golden opportunity!

love,

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  6. varalotti

"Will you be my GF?"

That is my next poser to you.

Before rushing to lodge a complaint against me, do spend a few minutes reading the post.

love,
    sridhar

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

That really shows your sense of humour!
    The organisers certainly had chosen the right man. What with all the drudgery and technical talks, you would have really pepped up their spirits with your talk.
    Regards,
    Malathi

8. varalotti

Thanks a lot, Malathi. To receive such nice words from you and that too on your happy birthday! I am really blessed.
    In fact after the meeting one of the Council Members of our Institute realised the "seriousness" of my humour and invited me as a co-opted member of a very serious technical committee.
    Of course I had to decline that invitation with sweet words!
    thanks again, Malathi.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Now that you have agreed to be my GFs, the question now is what next. You know Varalotti cannot be idle for long.

So I have come with another embarrassing question this time,

Will You Come With Me?

I think now you know better than to jump to conclusions reading the title of the thread.

Read it carefully and then tell me what you think.

Have a great week-end.

Love,

10. kswati

kswati New IL'ite

Hello !

I liked this statement - "The substance you have in you will not be threatened by technology if you are willing to change your form to suit the needs of the day."
    I shall try to follow it in my life.
    Swati