1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Live With Me, Just For A Day?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Re: Part 2!

Dear Sridhar,
    The narration here was of a very ordinary incident which I am sure everyone of us would be coming across in our everyday lives.But how many of us can reproduce it in such an interesting manner, first by the title (that was a naughty one!) and then by sharing it with us using your wonderful writing skills, not only your having learnt lessons from the book of life but also making us wake up to the sensitivities surrounding us.
    P.S-Since my son is here for vacation, I am not able to actively contribute to IL nor able to spend too much time on surfing others contributions. Though I miss the fun here, some times we have to get along with whatever comes our way! I have read your "She" 7th episode.As Kamla had said the take off was at a great speed and even if I dont post replies, I will be reading all your posts till I am able to get back here for longer duration.
    Regards,
    Malathi

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Mr. Sreedhar,

Your writting is very touching and nice to read. As a Tamil movie buff I cannot but recollect a song from the movie 'Autograph'. The song goes like this

'Ovvoru pookalume solkirathe
    Vaazhvenral poradum porkalame
    ovvoru vidiyalum solkirathe
    iravanal pakal onru vanthidume'

The song sung by actress Sneha is in a function in a blinds' school and it brought tears from me. Another episode connected with the song happend while I was travelling by bus in London. Seated next to me in the bus was a Tamil from Sri Lanka and as we started our conversation, he told me that he is depressed due to lots of tensions in his life. Suddenly I realised that I had this song in my MP3 player which I handed over to him and made him listen to it. There was a marked change in him with his face getting cleared, eye brows getting un-knotted etc. I felt happy that I could bring some peace to a tormented sole.

Regards,

TDU

1 person likes this.
  3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Malathi

Dear Malathi,

Yes, I do admit, what I saw was quite ordinary. But what I learnt was not. I was so disturbed that even now I cannot take that young girl's face off my mind. I was really anxious, Malathy, that our ILites should definitely read it. That anxiety prompted me to go naughty while choosing the title for the thread. I would rather have a naughty title and a thread like this, than going the other way round. ha ha.

However I cannot give that kind of assurance for the 8th Episode of SHE, which I am going to upload a few hours from now. At times to get along with the story, I need to get at least slightly "naughty" to borrow your term.

When your son is with you on vacation, dont do any other thing. I talk from my personal experience; when my daughter was here for her annual vacation cum summers training, I even changed my office timings to be with her for a longer time.

Thanks for the nice words on SHE 7. Whenever you have the time just drop in a line of reply. But all that comes later. Now get back to your son.

Love,

4. varalotti

Dear TDU,
    You too TDU? Calling me Mr.Sreedhar? Well, let me make it clear. I was christened sridhar and let it be my name. And permit me to call you TDU. That acronym appeared in the licence plates of all Madurai vehicles in 1982.

I was also impressed by that song. I wept in the theatre. And I am happy that you were able to bring solace to another man from another country with that song.

I am happy that you liked this piece of writing.
    Thanks TDU for your response,
    regards,

5. varalotti

Re: SHE 8

Most Gracious ILites,

While you had many nice things to say about this thread, you did not fail to mention that the title was naughty, to put it mildly. I had even replied to one of you, that it is better that the title was naughty while the contents were not; it would have been awful if it were the other way round. In my case I can always assure clean, wholesome contents for you;and you please leave the title-matter to me. I need to market, you know.

But will that assurance hold good when I am writing a serial story like SHE? I am not sure, ladies. So please go through the latest episode SHE 8 and tell me how clean it is or how cleaner can it be.

Those of you who read it first can directly tell me where it needs a change or toning down. Beautiful Moderators, I am sure you will give me an opportunity of being heard before convicting me of an offence involving moral turpitude.

And now it is between you and SHE.....

regards,

1 person likes this.
  6. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jr. Sri,

I was really touched by your article.

You are writing about achieving inner contentment by comparing ourselves with those who are not bestowed with blessings in all walks of life, more so physically.

But just by being sensitive to such differences in life and moving towards contentment is not enough. If we are really to be contented in life, then we have to strive to help at least one such person or family in our life. Giving up on one small comfort makes a big difference in both the lives of the giver and taker.

Lets all strive to make a small difference in some one's life and they say charity begins at home.

7. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Ha ha ha. I called you Mr. Sreedhar since I found many ladies in the forum call you by that name. Ofcourse, you had given your name when I visited Madurai as Sreedharan and I tought it would be more respectful (respect for you had grown enormously after reading your post on 'Will you live with me just for a day?') to call you as sreedhar instead of sreedharan. I am taking the liberty to point out that just like TDU reminds you of car number plates in madurai in the eighties, I tend to read the name varalotti as Vaara Looti (weekly fireworks?).

Regards,

TDU

8. varalotti

Varalotti and Vaara Looti, A very good term. I love it. Though my looti-frequency is more than just weekly. In IL I come twice a week. Once for my serial SHE and the other for snippets like these.
    Another reason I wanted to call you TDU instead of Tamil Downunder is that I dont want to say Tamil and immediately after that downunder. I do not want Tamil to go down, even if it is just in the name.
    Thanks for coining a new term, which I am afraid, might become a rage with ILites. My wife would rather prefer the term dinasari looti.
    regards,
    Vaara Looti alias

9. varalotti

Sundays With Varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

I could not post the Motivational Article last week as I was travelling out of Madurai.

I have a doubt that we always tend to see the bad in others; though we preach that we should see only the good and leave out the rest.

This week's article was born out of this thought. I am posting it now. Let me have your views.

regards,

10. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir, Interesting and thought provoking article. I feel that viewing our work as Idly or Badham Halwa depends purely on our mind. If we take the work as Badam halwa then it can be sweeter and we can enjoy the fruits of it and so also the life. We should always thank the God for having given us everything than to grumble that we don't have this or that. Most of the time, we refuse to think about the sufferings of the people around the world and keep longing for so many things. We should learn to be content with what we have and try to help other people who r suffering around us. I keep telling this to my daughter whenever she grumbles about the food or clothes.

Thanks for the thoughtful presentation,

Kind regards,

Sujatha