1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Let Me Work For You?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, May 14, 2008.

1. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Pleasure BF....

I will take your offer on board.

Thanks for your kind offer...

Regards,

Your GF

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

My Dear GFs,

I am pleased to inform you that my short story "FM Radiovum Cell Phonum" has appeared in today's Anandha Vikatan (Issue Cover date: 28/5/08).

Please have a look at it and let me know where I stand.

Love,

3. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

I'd love to read it. Is there any way I can get a copy of this online ... is it on the website?
    by the way, its in tamil right? kooti kooti padikarthekke yennakku time aagum!!! I'll ask Amma to read it to me ... hehehe!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  4. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

Dear varalotti sir,
    That was another rejuvenating ,thought provoking piece from you.You have explained the philosophical , spiritual facts in vaishnavism and through the great saint ramanuja’s actions :bowdown conveyed the seeming complex attitude”Service to mankind is service to god”.But whether we realize this truth is a million dollar question.Doing a kainkaryam or service is a great act.First of all, we must be lucky enough to do so.I would like to recall your words”Doing a wrong act is itself a punishment and doing a right act is a gift”.In the very beginning of the lines,I felt the similarity between “In a way I am like the super star” and this thread.There,you insisted egoless attitude(my point of view).Here too you stressed the fact on being unselfish but taking the life of sri ramanuja as a learning example.This is indeed a great work you are doing for us ,dear sir.What more to work for us sir????

I repeat your words
    Our Acharyas believed that we as mortals cannot do anything to please God. For God is always plesed with us, whether we chant his name throughout the day without taking any food, or indulge in rich food and other sensual pleasures.

SHE is pleased even if we hurt others; for SHE knows very well that we wont be happy by such acts and sooner or later, something would turn up that would make us realise our wrongs, some pain, some shock, all manifestations of her love.

Very often people pray to god with a list of wants, and go a step ahead and say”If you fulfill my expectations I may do this,I may offer money,gold etc”.”Man proposes God disposes”.Swami sukhabodananda clearly explained this statement in his book”Oh,Mind relax Please”.Whether the almighty expects us to be hungry for a day.

Ramanuja, a great philosopher,scholar weighed both level of jobs in the same pan.Being a maid to some one is the same as any other job for him.Here comes your wonderful statement

It may take a million lifetimes of spiritual growth to come even a mile near the greatest of saints who ever waked on our land.
    :hatsoff

I may sometimes make fun of my mother,sisters and place a statement”Eppudi ippudi deiva piravigala irrukeenga” .This is not to correlate anything but to test our level of broadmindedness.So the answer again is the statement above.

We all tend to think that we are born for some great acts and are waiting for some grand finalle in life, while we are endlessly irritated if we have to stand in a queue or walk in the sun. This is the real dichotomy and winning over this is real enlightenment.

This is the reality. Your words are hundred percent right.
    We often dream some top MNC will come and hire us with an offer letter ,sitting at home.On the end of the road we land in searching for a job Computer Typing tirelessly wandering in hot sun with a file in hand.That is it.

Many a times we judge only the job but not how the job is done.We think less about the job.We feel that only chanting sloka is higher than cleaning a toilet.We think that it is higher because it has to be done compulsorily.Ultimately we are not involved to it and our mind diverts some where.But on the other hand ,cleaning restrooms seems something lower ,but still it has to be allocated time and it also needs efforts.We do that only with our hands.Does chanting sloka alone needs time?? You have very well explained the difference. :clap:2thumbsup::clap:clap:clap

Thanks once again for sharing both the spiritual and practical aspects :exactly:eek:f life:thankyou2:.

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,
    that was a thorough analysis of my post. In fact when I started to write on Ramanuja in this site, I was a little apprehensive of the reception of the ILites. But today I am proud that I belong to a community which admires goodness, in whatever form it exists, whatever may be the time period to which it may belong.

I am honestly concerned with our attitude towards God. Today we treat God like the ATM. Our act of worshipping him is the ATM card and our prayer is the PIN (personal identification number). After inserting the card and keying in the pin, we normally punch the denomination of currencies in the atm. Similarly after worshipping him after saying our prayers, we list our demands.
    And if God gives them, then we think that God is all greatness. But if SHE doesn't give, then we curse everything from the ATM technology to the Windows software.
    But, Bhargavi, in this simile we have forgotten the fact that even the world's finest ATM cannot dispense money to us, when we do not have money in our bank account.

I am happy you liked the thoughts developed in the thread. I enjoyed your thorough fb. So instead of writing about the fb , I have added a supplementary post to the main post.

Thanks once again, Bhargavi.