1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Be My Valentine?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Feb 14, 2008.

1. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar ,
    Its my pleasure to wish you once again “ Happy Valentines’ day “ ! My wishes to all our dear Ilites too , hoping that they would have enjoyed every minute of this wonderful & meaningful day !
    Sridhar , I was really shocked to the core on seeing the title .My hands reached for my indoor chappals for ‘ obvious ‘ reasons ! Rant I was furious – but … curious to know about the whole rubbish thing ( sorry !) you were about to tell the ilites in the open forum ! I continued & but … ended reading ur post with a great sigh of relief !I felt the complete justification of the title , brought out in a smooth & serene way ! All I can say is … you are flawless & great , Sridhar !

‘- I liked ur words ( I wont say ‘ loved ur words - since the author has said that the phrase - love should be reserved exclusively for human relationships! )
    ! See the impact of the author on me even before reading the book ! We ‘ll discuss about the book after I finish reading it ., ok ? :hatsoffto you , Sridhar !
    Lots of love ,
    Indhu .

Dear Lalitha ,Aruna , Seetha & all others ,
    I have totally no objection to your idea of becoming a valentine to my hubby since I strongly trust he is a ‘ kaliyuga Sriraamachandhra moorthy’ !( Hope I am right , Sridhar ! )( And i know the ilites are also equally smart & mature as you are ! )
    Love ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Indhu,

Thanks for your kind wishes. And it's my pleasure to heartily reciprocate. In fact in this instance I have given the reply to your post even before you posted it. I had described the day and your gifts earlier.

I am happy that you enjoyed my post.

I will have to tell you, in spite of the fact that this is an open forum, that I am a little flirtatious. I do see women on the road, ogle them and all. But I know my limits. Given this state of mind, I do not come a million miles near Sri Ramachandramurthy.

Thanks for understanding. Thanks for your gifts. And thanks for being there.
    lots of love,

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Thanx a lot for taking yr time to go thru the thread. I was really touched.

The journey has already begun and as u say I have also experienced the pain & suffering and accepted the same. I have atleast resigned to flow with the tide, if the pain has occured due to some peoples misconceptions, I fully empathise with them and try to think from their angle also. All said & done I am also a human being hence might get upset but I am trying to come around.

As i mentioned in my thread, atleast I have decided not to hate anybody from the core of my heart (slowly practising also maybe not be 100% successful) as everybody has a right to their opinion.

Once again thanx a lot !!!Bow:thankyou2::thankyou2:

PS: INDHU - please do not worry we won't be Shoorpanakas of your Sri RamachandramoorthyBig LaughBig LaughBig Laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

My dear Varalotti!

Do you have to ask?? Of course, I 'll be your Valentine:))
    And......you are asking now...I thought it was always understood...??!!
    My family is still surprised when I talk about my friend Sridhar.....Where did he come from? When did mom go to Madurai....How come she knows this famous writer...so on and so forth...:)
    Yes Sridhar, in this magical world of IL, we are encircled with some loving and lovely people and thoughts and I must say, you are a very special person indeed and your thoughts are overwhelming..:bowdown:bowdown
    Thanks for this invitation and thanks for being there for all of us...Krishnavalantine!
    Oh.....I will take your advice....at the top of my wish list is that book by PC.

L, Kamla

5. varalotti

My dear Kamla,

Thanks, thanks and thanks. Your acceptance and understanding was quite overwhelming. Looks like Valentines day got extended by another 24 hours.

Indhu has been asking since I wrote this post, "Why Kamla hasn't come yet?"

I was waiting for you till this afternoon. Of course waiting for one's valentine is sheer happiness. But that happiness is complete only when the waiting culminates in a meeting.

I broke one more rule (now I have lost count, the title for this post, posting book review here, inviting you to by my valentine in the FP thread.... it goes on. The Accountant counts while the lover does not. ha ha) and almost dragged you here.

Jokes and kidding apart, writers, painters and artists flourish only when they are loved. I can be described in the words of one ILite, a minor celebrity for which another ILite gave an explanation in a pm to me, minor celebrity=calamity.

But I am able to write in such a way to capture the hearts of some gracious, graceful, learned, well-meaning women like you only because of the love and affection poured on me by all the ILites.

Perfectly true, Kamla. And you for sure top the list of lovely people. When I visited the US during August to October 2007, I accomplished everything I wanted to but returned with a heavy heart (the weight of which was fortunately not considered for the British Airway's luggage limit of 46 Kgs) because I could not meet you.

Having accepted to be my valentine let me take the liberty to just tell you this.
    Please remove "Reading the PC's book" from the wish-list, straightaway. And do include somewhere near the top of the mandatory To Do List.
    You know Kamla I have started reading the book again. Out of hundreds of books I have read so far, I gave this honour (of reading for the second time immediately after my first reading) only to half a dozen books. Never miss this for anything in the world.

love,

6. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites and My Dear Valentines,

After being overwhelmed by the acceptances I got from you, I sat down in a corner and did some soul searching.

When I was in my prime age (you see I am now 28 and by prime age I mean somewhere around early twenties, ha ha ha) I was not at all a ladies man. Neither am I one today. No lady in her senses would have stopped to look at the lean, ramrod straight accountant with outmoded dresses and a thick "namam" on his forehead.

Even my wife whom I was fortunate enough to see a few years before my marriage, confessed to me much later, that if I had straightaway asked her hand, she would have straightaway refused.

Given this prelude your accepting to be my valentine means quite a lot to me. And with a heart brimming with love I wanted to make some gift to you.
    Then I remembered the conversation I had with a fellow-trainer a few years back. Stephen Coveys Seven Habits had just come. My friend was quite enthused with the book and vowed to himself that he would make at least a hundred students read the book. He suggested the book, insisted they all should read at once. No one listened. Then he and two of his friends organised a three day seminar on the book. They did not leave out a word from the book. Every chapter was read, discussed, analysed threadbare and then review questions asked.

He did not charge anything for his effort fully satisfied that he had made a difference in a hundred lives.

I am not that competent or that loving. With what little competence and love that I am blessed with, I am making this gift to those kind souls who have offered to be my valentines.

From now on I will be quoting a few lines from the book every day. The idea is to drive you to the bookshop as early as possible and make you read the book.

Today's passage appears in the next post.

Once again let me thank all my valentines from the depths of my heart. It was a rare feeling and you did wonders to my ego, I'm sorry, my heart.

love,

7. varalotti

Quote From The Witch Of Portobello For the day:
    (Control No.7)

Everyone's looking for the perfect teacher, but although their teachings might be divine teachers are all too human, and that's something people find hard to accept. Don't confuse the teacher with the lesson, the ritual with the ecstasy the transmitter of the symbol with the symbol itself.

8. varalotti

Quote For the Day From The Witch Of Portobello:
    (Control No.5)

These words spoken by a 37 year old woman character in the novel are quite profound and reveal to us the way a female mind works:

If a man we don't know phones us up one day and talks a little, makes no suggestions, says nothing special, but nevertheless pays us the kind of attention we rarely receive, we're quite capable of going to bed with him that same night, feeling relatively in love. That's what we women are like, and there's nothing wrong in that - it's the nature of the female to open herself to love easily.

love,

9. varalotti

Quote For The Day From The Witch Of Portobello by Paulo Coelho:
    (Control No.16)

Most of my parents' friends and most of my parents' friends' children also have degrees. This does not mean that they've managed to find the kind of work they wanted. Not at all; they went to university because someone, at a time when universities seemed important, said that in order to rise in the world you had to have a degree. And thus the world was deprived of some excellent gardeners, bakers, antique dealers, sculptors and writers.

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

I did read this thread on thursday, but i was too sick to even type a fb and i wanted to get hold of the book andtehn send u a fb. Well i did read all the quotes u have penned down for us late last night till abt 2! I
    did get the book( it is an online version and did not feel like waiting to go to the only english bookshop which is faaar away in my present state of health!) True, it seems to an interesting book and waiting to finish work and jump on to my imaginative world with PC and Athena.
    I did like the lines on Jesus ......will let u quote those also.....( what the father feels when he refuses to give her etc etc)

But like Kamala has rightly pointed out i think we are all already bonded here thru a magical , virtual bond called love, which we are all unable to explain or comprehend....so your Question seems invalid....ha ha Bowbut nevertheless i can reinforce the Bond by saying Yes to ur question, thus fulfilling my part on this journey with unconditional love!
    (trying to sound like PC, so dont worry Nothings wrong with me!):spin