1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Be My GF?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Mar 20, 2008.

1. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

dear sridhar,
    its gr8 to read ur write up after a long time.this topic has been a hot topic in lotsa college and school debates where this gf has got different meanings for different people.but the way u have carried the topic is truly amazing and intresting, no wonder that its in the top of our popular threads!!!!!
    takecare
    pavithra

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ansh,

First things first. I love your motto. If you cant be the sun be a small lamp in the corner of the room to banish darkness. Very profound, ansh.
    Now let me tell you something. There is absolutely no difference between the sun and the small lamp. Both do their work of banishing darkness. In matters of darkness and light, there is nothing small or large. It's all a question of perspective. In the context of the whole universe the sun is but a very small speck of light. If the whole universe is of the size of a room our sun will be much, much smaller than a glow-worm in that room.

Now ansh, don't ever feel shy to write. Whatever may be one's vocabulary good writers tend to write only within the common 2000 word glossary. If you had read Sidney Sheldon's novels you will appreciate that. None of the words will be difficult.

As a single woman one has to be very careful. Even the mode of dressing and the body language of a single woman will be open to vicious interpretation. It is a bad world out there. Take care, ansh.

You are most welcome, ansh, to be my GF. It is a question of honour and happiness to be your friend.
    Now the ball has come to your court.

regards and wishes,

3. varalotti

Dear Pavithra,
    thanks for the nice words. When I was in college talking about girls was a taboo. I could not even talk to a girl without that becoming the scandal of the town.
    I have never been in a co-ed institution. And till very recently I have been working only in all-male offices.
    See, the travails of a poor mofussil accountant!
    Thanks once again for visiting the thread and thanks for those kind words.
    regards,

4. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Now that you have agreed to be my GFs, the question now is what next. You know Varalotti cannot be idle for long.

So I have come with another embarrassing question this time,

Will You Come With Me?

I think now you know better than to jump to conclusions reading the title of the thread.

Read it carefully and then tell me what you think.

Have a great week-end.

Love,

5. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear most Varalotti sir,

First let me gist on whether or not I would be your Good Friend, before rushing and rolling into your new creation !! The answer would be a BIG NO !!!!

Any guesses????? Again no wall hangings here Big Laugh(just kidding), but my heart felt Love !!

When am already your BEST FRIEND, why would I come down the ladder of our relationship. Never.

I shall stick to my heart's conscience in telling revealing the truth that I have been a silent admirer of all the posts following your leader blog here. Frankly speaking, I did not know what to write; thus remained silent. Well you shall now fire out asking what happened all of a sudden. Should I tell a "gyanodhayam" ?? !!!:idea :idea glowing even brighter than the scorching sun !!

As you had rightly pointed out, the relationship between a male and a female had always been taken on a slippery note with gossips eating away the healthy relationship at times.

I studied in a co-ed school till eighth and thoroughly enjoyed my stay there each and every day. When we had teachers day and other days to be celebrated, students of class XII assumed the role of Principal and other teachers. The fresh memories always will linger to ensure they are never given a row at the back in my gray matter. Both boys (anna) and girls (akka) will assume roles and that day would be off for the "real" staff members. Meaning they will stay back in their staff rooms, apart from the fact that they would constantly vigil our behaviors and interaction with our seniors. Such have indeed strengthened the "loyal" bonds between the two genders !!

From ninth to twelfth standard I had to shift to a Girls school for I did not have CBSE in my previous school. I did not miss anything and any kind of relationship there. Thoroughly did enjoy my four fruitful "molding" years !!

Stepping into college, I did relish friendship with both the genders with lots of fun. Everything going on within the well sketched line. My parents are well aware of all my friends. They interact so well and I had called all my friends to my home and we had enjoyed our stay together as a single family !!! Speaking my heart here, I found my own sibling only at college. Yes. One of my friend, turned to be addressed as "my best anna" at college (of my age, my own classmate, but I call him anna).. just for the fact that the Supreme blessed my parents with just "me".. I share everything with him and the only difference being "he not born to my mother" !!! Yes. Relationships turn out to be freshly bloomed flowers. They will remain as such when treasured properly.

Regards with Love
    RamyaVaradharajan

What say my BF ???? Big Laugh:)

6. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Varalotti

For liking my motto and giving such a thought provoking explanation. True, banishing darkness is more important than measuring the amount of darkness banished.

Again very true, a single woman has to take care of lot many things and I am proud of the fact that no one could ever cross lines with me though they would have wished in their hearts of heart to do so.

I have grown up studying in KVs and had a liberal upbringing, with strong values of integrity and honesty. I never had inhibitions in Talking to males and I have always respecetd males who respect woman folk more as humna beings than as a weaker sex

Today, I feel humbled and happy to add one more male to that list and its you

Thanks buddy for accepting meas your GF

Best wishes and warm regards

Ansh

7. varalotti

Dear most Ramya,
    When I first read the big red letter NO I was kind of shocked. I was wondering what wrong did I do to deserve this kind of punishment from such a sweet person. Then as I read on I understood my BF. Thanks, thanks and thanks to the power of million.
    I am happy that you are at least admiring all the posts following the leader post in my forum (I know it is very difficult to admire my leader post, ha ha ha.. just kidding) and am happier still about the gnanodayam that happened you. Can you please describe the bodhi tree underwhich the enlightenment happened?
    It is not only the gossip that is the problem, Ramya. Human mind being human mind, and our powerful senses, would not let a normal relationship flourish for long. I have seen in many cases an innocuous friendship based on love for books and reading have led many friends astray. I know one woman in Madurai who used to discuss about books with her husband's friend. The husband never read any books and encouraged this friendship. One fine morning the friends eloped from the town.
    Not only while driving but even in opposite-sex friendships, it is better to be safe than to be sorry.

It was quite interesting to read about your school and college day experiences.

I am still amazed at the enthusiasm you bring to the table every time you write something. It is my privilege to have such an enthusiastic person as my bf.
    Now that you have become my best friend, why don't you come with me? Yes that's the name of my latest thread. Please read it.
    love,

8. varalotti

9. varalotti

Most Gracious GFs,

Sorry for keeping you waiting right on the street.

Yes it's time now to continue our walk.

Are you ready to
    Walk With Me?

10. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Undoubtedly...
    :hatsoff to your friend for her nice gesture regarding the forwarded mail. You gave the ultimate example; 'cardiologist'.

I didn't think of GF's expansion, to be frank, as your threads have to be read in full to get all the messeges conveyed by you. You supply us with abundant of those right from the beginning to the end.

The friendship melts a point deep in the heart always. We were a big group of friends with boys and girls and it still continues.

Can't deny onething that the boys were all well-known with family backgrounds. I personally feel it is not possible to be friends with all the boys.

But, Varalotti, do you think the boys and girls of these days have good friendship except to name a lesser percentage? We see a lots of controversial stuffs in them. Don't we?

Sorry if I have brought an unrelated topic.