1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Will weight watchers help in losing weight for Indian diet?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pman16, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi friends,

Did any one of you try to lose weight by joining weight watchers. Im planning to join weight watchers online and try to control my food portions. Doing diet on my own is not taking me long. I need a certain kind of check on my food and have some progress trackers.

Does weight watchers help for Indian kind of food. Pls share your experiences if any of you has tried.

thanks.

2. achutty

achutty New IL'ite

Hi
    Here in UK most of the Indian community follow Slimmingworld to weightwatchers as it has more freedom to eat most of common indian dishes. All the best with your diet plan.:thumbsup

3. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi achutty,

Thanks for the reply. I didnt know theres another weight loss group called slimming world like weight watchers. You said majority indians follow this in UK. Can you let me know in general how do/others who followed this program go about. I mean can you tell what would be sample indian diet look like? I need some inputs before investing in any online weight loss group.

Thanks

4. AS86

AS86 Silver IL'ite

Hi OP. Did you end up joining Weight Watchers? I'm considering joining it and would love to know your experience. Thanks.

5. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi As86,

I didnt join any group but lost weight through regular exercise and portion control. I lost all the weight put on during pregnancy and have been maintaining it for more than 4 years now.

2 people like this.
  6. nimmimoorthy

nimmimoorthy Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pman16 How are you dear. We have met eachother in shivas hread. Hope you remember.
    Its really nice to know that ou have lost weight and maintaining i for 4 years. Share your success story for others to get inspired.

7. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Nimmi,

Yes I do remember you dear. Shiva featured my success story in her blog. Do check it out. There is no big secret about my weight loss. I followed what suited me on my own terms and conditions. I tried every form of exercise and I was amazed to see results. I tried portion control. I cooked everything at home from scratch.Eating healthy food is half journey won. Stop buying junk and you will end up eating fruits and nuts.

3 people like this.
  8. smartgrl

smartgrl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pman,

This is smartgrl, we met in shivas blog..
    i am fighting to loose my preggy weight for 2 yrs .
    in your thread you mentioned you did upper body workout,can you mention them please or share the link i have same prblm as you and want to target upper body.
    and what cardio is best??

Please help..

9. pritidr

pritidr New IL'ite

Dear All.,

Have just started slimming world and would appreciate if anyone can join me in this journey. It would be good to motivate one another. I live in the UK .Kindly message back.