1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will vegetables wont taste the same in whatever way they are cut

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 8, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

I think each house has a different way of cutting vegetables. Like some people cut Kovakka lengthwise and some cut into squares. But I feel it tastes good if it is cut long.

Nice to know about your son when four years old expecting perfect cutting. Now his wife must be perfect in cutting vegetables.

love
    viji

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi

Yes some vegetables taste good if it is cut in a particular way. You must be perfect in cutting vegetables.

love
    viji

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha

After a long time seeing you in my thread. Glad to know that you liked the post and thanks for your appreciation. Ya some vegetables taste good if they are cut in a particular way. Like i like Kovakkai,( I dont know wht they say in English, ) if it is cut long .

By the way I thought you are single until recently I saw in your profie that you are married.

love
    viji

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Twinsmom

You are right. Every family has a different way of cutting vegetables though some of the vegetables are cut same way, some are cut in different shapes. We ladies get used to the way our in laws do.

love
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya

Ya the way of cutting vegetables is different in our house and in in laws houseand even in some houses they like the vegetables to be cooked nicely and not half cooked. We ladies have to follow the way our in laws do

love
    viji

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Abha

Mostly I think for avial and kootu everyone cuts the same style, only think some want well cooked and for some half cooked is ok. Ya better not to give micro wave food to children.
    love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shanthi

Nice to see in my thread after a long time. True vegetable cutting and cooking both an art. Glad to know that your mil and bil are good in that. My bil also is very good not only everyone in my in law's house are good in cutting vegetables , cooking varieties of south indian food and also serving. Children observe everything nicely and what they observe when they are children , when they grow up also want the same kind.

love
    viji

8. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi viji,

It is an interesting topic to share with. Definitely shapes and sizes of the veggie reflects in its taste. Can you imagine Thoran or thuvaran with big pieces of veg and coconut. it is an art. Keralites or very good in cutting with knives. very small pieces and high speed. Even now I couldnt reach their standard.

by the by I saw the photo of Gopika. choo chweet. Why didnt you put the photo of your other grand daughter.

ganges

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganges

True vegetable cutting is an art . I am also a Keralite. My in laws side all are expert in cutting vegetables and cooking also.

I have already put the photo of Pratima in the album .

love
    viji

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

hi viji,

Nice to see your reply. I saw Pratimas photos just now. cuty chweety. nalla chuthi podungo rendu kutties kkum.

ganges