1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will this combination work???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sangeeta2010, May 21, 2010.

1. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

The more the maturity the more chances of seperation. Because matured people know they cannot live with differences, better split amicably. That is what happens with so many matured people. Understanding is an overrated word spidey in relationships

2. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

They can give it a go and see where things go from there. At least they will know if they are compatable with each other in the real life.

Thanks,
    OOPALL!

3. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

Marriages will not work if both parties are rigid and not willing to sacrifice, there has to be sacrifices from both based on the situation, if no one is willing to sacrifice anything and still think that they can make the marriage work then they are setting themselves up for failure. In Indian marriages women is expected to sacrifice more than a man, I think it is wrong sacrifices should be based on the well being of the family as a whole and not as individuals.

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Well said! The dreaded question 'why me?' would not get one anywhere, be it a man or a woman in marriage. Based on the situation, if the compromises are done 'in the best interest of the FAMILY', there will be no regrets and the deed will be fruitful.

PS: GiJoe, I have a tangent remark on this post. You know where to head for that. :)

5. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Priorities are a lot different for many prior and post marriage.
    Also nature makes way for your life along with your contributions.

Even if people are highly career oriented and get stuck into office politics or recessions then their professional life might take a back seat.... so why to break head on things which are at times beyond your control.

Its nice to be expressive about what you aim at and want in life and make efforts to achieve it... however even recruiters hire people on board who have the capacity to change and are not too rigid of their choices... unless you're looking for a CEO or VP with a strong driving force.

There are many successful career oriented ladies/men who have voluntarily chosen to take a break/ sabbatical to pursue desires which were not too close to them even a year back.. Eg: love for a child, world tour, wildlife adventure, social service, further education etc etc.

6. rins123

rins123 Senior IL'ite

Well.....if we as females think.....one has to put a career on a backburner for family...none of the females will think of PG education.....yes but priorirites change with time...for both men and women....me and DH are equally educated (both PG premier institutes)...but DH told me before marriage "We both will support each others careers" and he did that...ofcourse when it came to relocation due to one's job...it's the woman who adjusts but that is the beauty of having a PG (you know you will get a job if you have right qualifications) but yes.....back then my DH told "We will never have kids!!!" ...and then I used to think Great!!! I don't have to compromise on career...but time changes people....life in an affair and post marriage is different and each one learns from own experience.

But yes.....it is imp each partner in relation understands the financial security of other (after all that is why we all work right) and helps in daily household chores, etc

My DH helps me with house work as I am also working, We try not to take up jobs whick involves lot to travelling (atleast initial marriage yrs), We are in US with families in India, but understand that post office hours (India day time) is only for us.....(atleast weekdays) ....no parent calls there.....

Small things like these build great relationships.....