1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will The Living Together Survive In India

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jan 31, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

THE HOT TOPIC MAKING THE ROUNDS EVERYWHERE
    What is the hot topic that is doing the rounds after the Indian law has endorsed the living together as valid and the hereditary right goes to the children of the mother who has been living with the man and not the married first wife? So where does marriage and its expenses go with out a ticket for a future security it is null and void by the court of India, so now the society changes for the good or bad?
    Children will be born out of wed lock still considered legitimate,
    Wives out of wedlock are the heir along with their children,
    Usually these living together never follow caste system as it is
    Not relevant here Living without security, not that marriage had any Carry forward of children of one marriage into the other would become common Problems among the children from different parents will be the in thing Like the khatta meeta a lot of tussle has to be solved until it solves itself for survival Earning members and non earning members will be the division. Survival of the fittest will become stronger. Will a healthy relation prevail as none is bound by marriage?
    Or will they be more depressed and oppressed woman I am sure dowry will vanish or banished as the boy chooses the girl Will parents loose their right to choose the spouse for their kids?

Will the Indian culture go for a toss?
    Will the elders be included in such a relation? What would happen to the parents always slogging for their children?
    Western culture and its exposure have brought out this change in the Indian scenario? What will happen to the Hindu dharma of the institution of marriage and its connected law? Education system of filling up of forms would be changed as to who the father is or he changes to guardian and so on. [FONT=&quot]Who will benefit this scenario, the couple, the parents, the children, or society?..... SUNKAN[/FONT]

2. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi,
    A topic ought to be discussed.India and Indian culture will lose its charm for sure. I personally do love the Indian culture, traditions and the secure way a marriage is being respected and people stay committed.Continuity in a must either it is life or career . The way you gain experience ,confidence in handling a job which is a conitnuity where ever u do, same implies to life. Once you start building a relation and start loving people ,especially your family with all their positives and negatives, you affection grows into a strong tree,which cannot break till you breath your last.
    But as SUNKAN mam has shown her concerns , yes broken families and broken relations will create more worse effects on kids who could grow up as threat to the society.

Regards
    Sri

3. swtsvn

swtsvn New IL'ite

hi
    yes, i too recently heard that some of my friends are living together. have you had the chance to see kadhalika neramillai, tamil serial in vijay tv? it is a slow dragging serial based on living together.

i dont want to go into culture and stuff, because iam a practical gal. Well practically it has good and bad stuff.

good stuff is, you get to chose your partner, and see actually how the other person is during normal days. This way is way much better than arranged marriage.

bad stuff is after a while you find yourself changing partners a lot, and kind of will lose faith in love, permanency, relations. The children will not have good morale examples from their parents. A child wants to be like his father, and if it is a girl, she wants to be like her mother. Do we really want our kid to follow us in this path?

Security is another aspect. Nowadays ladies are more secure and safe than 50 years back. So I would say, safety is not a big factor to be considered.

What we leave to our future generation is the important factore here.

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I totally applaud our great judges for doing it. It has incerased my faith in Supreme court of India. If there is any hope in Indian Law, its with SC. Great step..Full points.
    I am saying all this, because I have closely seen those hi-flying couples and their unassuming parents. This is very much happening in India in anyway. We just refuse to acknowledge. From girls' point of view, I think its a great step. They wouldn't be dumped easily, just because the guy has found better girl or his parents dont want him to marry her. I personally girls will be much more secure in their relation than they were before.

Strong Law makes a strong society. Culture is how we control our extrenal being. So having a strong law to guide society in right direction is all we need. Culture does keep evoloving every few decades. Like from our grand parents' time to our young age, culture has taken some 180degree shift anyway. Strength of any old civilization is in its flexibility to adjust to times, If we didnot have that ingrained in us, we could not have survived for 5000 years.

My big appluad for the legal innvoation
    Ria

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear srivatsa,
    there are two sides to this issue, one is dowry and all the abuse against the wife goes, but on the other side the children their upbringing and our culture all take a toss .

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear swtsvn,
    change is inevitable so now we need to update what is the outcome of such relations in the west as they are way beyond and we are just following them, then check what should be checked now, before it goes out of hand here too, one thing is sure the kids are going to grow different, i dont know about nostalgic memories will be stored for any or may be of a different kind.

7. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

ria,
    i appreciate u go along with the changes, but i dont know and am not sure about many who are into this indian culture and love the security, it had been giving them all these years,their reactions.

of course when none have raised a voice against this law that has been issued, means may be all are ready for this change?

8. rkalpana

rkalpana New IL'ite

Hai sunkan,

Living together...ofcourse now a days this culture is spoiling our society...Recently i read an article reg. this topic in a newspaper...mostly the collage students are spreading this culture...some students have also given interviews reg. this asking a question What's wrong with this ? if we are able to adjust with eachother its okay...orelse we will part as friends ....and will search for someother partner...After reading this really i was upset ...moreover films and TV serials are encouraging these type of culture....Foreigners have started following our culture but where do we go? this is a big question ? I think parents should impart our tradition and culture in the minds of children....

rkalpana

9. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

thanku kalpana,
    we should emphasize our culture but who has the time, all are so busy that a few moments is all they can catch with each other...sunkan