1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Will spine anesthesia cause headache and back pain??

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by divshiri87, Apr 5, 2015.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,Recently i had been given anesthesia for spine for my knee injury. I met with an accident few months before and surgery had done for knee. During that surgery, they had given anesthesia to spine. Next day after the surgery, i got severe headache in the evening and they advised me to take lot of water and fluids. I took and my headache subsidized. Sometimes i got headache and if i sleep for sometime, i used to become ok.Knee got some stiffness problem and docs suggested manipulation under anesthesia to get full range of knee movements. So this time again they gave spine anesthesia. After that day, i had nausea problem and vomited for almost one day. I went to hospital again and doc gave some injections to stop vomiting. I have complained about my headache and tgey suggested me to take lot of fluids. Doc said it is due to anesthesia and i will become normal soon.I followed and took lot of fluids but i had severe headache for almost a week. Its exactly one week now and still i have headache but not very much. If i lie down on bed, i wil become ok. If i sit or stand, it is getting increased. What should i do?? I have taken leave for last week and need to go to office from tomorrow.Did anyone face this kind of headache??

2. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

You should avoid standing or sitting. Keep your head tilted while sleeping. I mean the bed should be tilted down (reverse)..not as if in standing position. If you can't tilt your bed as in the hospitals, you should remove the pillow at least while sleeping.

And lot of liquids to flush the anesthesia . Surprised that your Doctor didn't administer fluids via IVF to flush out the anesthesia. Usually if it is persists for more than 3 days they flush it using fluids via IVF.

Wishes for your good health .. Get well soon !