1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Will my baby look like my soft toy?

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by sadwife, Jan 31, 2011.

1. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I really hope a Gynecologist can clarify my concern.
    My hubby has bought me few soft toys.
    I love them so much and keep it with me all the time. I always hug and kiss them and love them so much. Now, say whatever you want; I am childish or whatever.. :bowdown
    My hubby and I see them daily and they sleep beside me every night when my hubby is out of town.

We plan to try for a baby now.
    My mum keeps saying I should put away the soft toys or else my baby will look like that.
    Is that true especially from the medical science point of view?

The rest with similar experience please advice me.
    Thank you.

2. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Sorry, but i haven't heard of anything like this before. I don't think a baby will look like a soft toy!

My DH has gifted me a couple of soft toys, they sure are damn cute, precious gifts to me, my DH travels out of town too.........but then being attached to soft toys has boundaries i think.
    Its your emotions that matter most- whether while trying to conceiving/once conceived. I would surely request you to look at alternative ways/options of keeping yourself occupied and distracted.

Good Luck!

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Please pause, please re-read your question, and please think what the answer maybe! I think you will get the answer.

PS:
    Most folks hug pillows when they sleep and they do sleep beside pillows, I havent come across babies looking like pillows thus far.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  4. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Hi SLV and Spider,

There was this case before where a girl's baby looked like her husband's best friend.
    On seeing this her husband became very suspicious of her and accused her of cheating him. He believed he was not the father of the baby but his friend was.

The girl got very upset and discussed about it to her gynae.
    The gynae started to collect details from her and finally got to know that her husband keeps his friend's photo in their bedroom. So the girl tends to look at the photo every morning when she wakes up, thus the baby looked like him.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

hey i really dont think its logical
    If thats the case everyone of us can keep aishwarya rai's photos and tom cruise photos in the room so that kids will be their replica :)

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I asked my mum, so if I keep looking at actor Ajith's photo all the time would my baby look like him then? She said it's alright if the baby looks like him but how if it looked like my soft toys?? :spin

7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sadwife,

Do you really believe the above story ? By looking at some one's photo daily........the baby inside the womb will look like that person ? Does it make any sense to you ? :drowning

8. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

IG,

Well it doesn't sound logic but still I can't stop worrying after hearing this from the elders.
    Scared to take risk in this kind of matters.. :bonk

9. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sadwife,

Going through the months of interaction with you, I firmly believe you are a well read, well balanced individual.

But, the above said fear of you shows...........how vulnerable and insecure , an anxious mind can be......! I feel sorry to see your insecurity....! :spin

10. babycorn

babycorn Silver IL'ite

I agree:idea