Will homeschooling become more popular in the future??

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Itzmeee, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Itzmeee

Itzmeee New IL'ite

The schools in Chennai are pathetic to say the least. But we can't blame any particular school when in general the educational system in our country is a mess. It is cliche to say education has become a business but do we, as parents realise how much it is affecting our children. The amount of pressure a school going kid has to go through probably even our hon. PM does not experience!!Seriously, thanks to the imposing teachers and over anxious parents, the present generation learn exactly what depression and stress mean at a very young age. Just a thought...

I don't support homeschooling in any way but feel they may sure become a popular thing in the future. A lot of reasons are there...one of them is peer pressure. Children have to be taught at home how to mingle with other kids and not be MEAN or rude to other kids...and believe me, there is nothing to be proud of if your kid is a bully in school, he/she does have behavioural problems. So a lot of parents need to first understand the purpose of education. If a child does not learn to interact well with his peers, he is going to have communication problems as he grows up. Parenting is a huge, responsible task and no child's play. Teachers too must realise what an important role they play in each child's life. I am now over 30 and still have not forgotten my school days, teachers' faces those memories are so vivid like they just happened. I hope teachers bear it mind that one day when they are much older, a student recognises them with happy memories of them rather than unpleasant, hurtful ones.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Re: Will homeschooling become the thing of the future?

even i have thought about it as the educational system does not allow children to understand things but only make them to by heart and pour them on test papers.

1 person likes this.