Will excessive baby movement break water

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by skyinsc, Nov 9, 2015.

1. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies, recently i came to know about my distant friends bad news. Her baby was still born at 39 weeks due cord around neck. I am feeling very depressed after knowing that. I feel something bad is going to happen to me. Yesterday there was some water on the tiles and i narrowly missed slipping on it.. On the other day i narrowly missed hitting another car...i am really tensed after all these incidents..trying to divert and calm myself but i cant help this premonition feeling:-(

coming to present situation, tonight my baby is moving a lot and i am worried if too much movement will break the water...am i over thinking or is there a possibility of that..my first pregnany i delivered at 40w1d after being induced and had emergency C . This pg sometimes with too much baby movements i feel like i am about to pee in panty ( sorry TMI :oops:) . I dont remember facing this kind of situation in my first pg. why is it different this time..please help me calm my fears or doubts. Thank you for reading my ramblings

2. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sky,

Think positive. Please meditate to keep yourself calm and composed. Sky, I had a lotttttt of movements with my son. SO much that people could see it through my dressing. And not for particular time,it was always. And with that even i thought i will deliver sooner than 37 weeks. But my son arrived at 40w3d via normal delivery with cord around his neck. Please relax your mind. It is all going to be in your favor. Happy pregnancy. Take care.

2 people like this.
  3. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Thats reassuring. Thank you ashwinid01 :)

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Skyinsc,
    No two pregnancies are same, not even with same gender on a lady.
    Don't worry about the things thats happening around you. Its common to get fears during pregnancy. Try to think positive. Stay strong. Take care.

1 person likes this.
  5. HKR

HKR New IL'ite

First of all relax!!! Thank god for the pregnancy and the baby inside you. Have faith in the almighty.

And no, movement will not cause water to break. My first, my son was so active in the womb that I would tell people that he kicked his water bag early and jumped out. Yes, I delivered him preterm after my water broke at 36 weeks.

With my second I was very cautious and went on rest from the 28th week. My daughter was far less active compared to my son. When I completed 36 weeks I thanked God and told my parents that see, he only kicked his water bag and came out and that night my water broke again :)

1 person likes this.
  6. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

each pregnancy is different. My son would literally dance and everybody could see him and my tummy dancing around . once i went to my dentist and she was like my goodness i never saw anything like that. when i had bagel and cream cheese it would make him go wild. he still loves bagel and creamcheese but he only came out at his due date. nothing before.
    my daughter was active too but not so much but she came out after my water broke. she is a natural breaker and still continues breaking all things and toys around. just kidding.:)
    please stay positive and think of God to stop these negative thoughts. everything will go great and we all here will get to hear of your baby happy news soon.
    enjoy the last days of pregnancy.
    watch happy pictures of the baby and lighten yourself up.

1 person likes this.
  7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Don't stress yourself too much. No water wont break with too much baby movement. From the time, I felt my baby's first moment , he used to kick me continuously for 2-3 hrs in the morning. That lasted all thru my pregnancy.

Coming to cord around neck, please bear in mind that by this time, you wud have known how your baby moves everyday. If you feel any difference in movement like less movement then its time to go to doctor. There are chances the head is in birthing position or cord is wrapped around the baby .Never take less movement of baby lightly. Eat healthy and take lots of rest. You will need all the energy after the baby is born.Good Luck.

1 person likes this.