1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Wife on H4 and husband on parole status

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by mahdee, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Hi,
    I recently came to US on H4 visa and my husband having Parole status. We dint have any problem at the port of entry. I just wanted to know few things :

1) Being on H4 and Parole status a valid situation?
    2) Do we face any problem during immigration later ?
    3) If this causes any problem, is it better for my husband to go for a H1 stamping asap? Because my husband is in the Adjustment Of Status for Green Card, so does getting from Parole to H1 status effect the Green Card process?

Please let me know about this if u are aware of it or have experienced this situation.
    Thank you!!!

Regards.
    Deepika

2. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I would suggest your husband to get his H1 stamping and also your H4 stamping done(to match his new H1 validity) ASAP

1) Your husband's parolee status can be switched back to his H1, if he got a valid H1 approval
    2) Your husband's current Parolee status, and if he changes to H1 in future, that H1 status etc.. wont hurt his current AOS and future GC.
    3) I am assuming the following
    a) Your husband is currently holding a valid H1 approval(may not have the stamping done for this on his passport).
    b) you got your H4 on the basis of THAT currently valid H1, on which you entered.
    Given the above, I guess you are legal to stay in US. But for a clear and safe future, I would suggest your husband to go out of the country, get his H1 stamped and enter back into US with his H1. At that point, it cleans up both of your current status(H1 and H4)
    Good luck

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Mahdee, Is your husband's Priority Date current. If it is you can apply for your Green Card adjustment status and get AP and EAD for yourself. This is advantageous as you will have a work permit.Do post your husband's GC details to suggest. Good Luck.

4. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Thanks for the replies. My husband's priority date is not current and we decided its better to go for H1 stamping ASAP.

thanks again.