1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wife is always Right, Thinks the Judge

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, May 21, 2009.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Wife is always Right, Thinks the Judge<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

I had nice blog written on the Desktop yesterday, about my relationships with friends and bloggers, which I wanted to post today, but sometimes plans change at the last minute.Today’s newspapers had a fantastic Article whose title was “ Do As your Wife Says” SC advises Men

First let me quote from the Article, pure and straight, nothing added from my side.So here goes as under. DNA dated 20<SUP>th</SUP> May 09

Want to achieve maritial Bliss ? Do as your wife Says ! This age old Wisdom has now got the Supreme Court’s stamp of approval.

[​IMG]

This is the Case. This is a divorce proceedings involving Air force officer Depak Kumar, and wife Manisha.Married 17 years ago, and separated a year later.she implicated him in criminal cases, and accused him of Sodomy.A court told Kumar to give his wife 10 lakhs, which he agreed, but she went to the highter court, and finally the supreme court.

In the Supreme Court, the judges Katju, and Deepak Verma observed to the husband
    “ Bibi jo bolti hai who Suno ( listen to what yr wife says), as otherwise u will land in trouble.Because if u do not listen to her, u will suffer the consequences”

If she says look here, u look there, and if she says, no now look here, then look there.Ham Sab bhugat Bhogi Hai ( We too have suffered), said the judges in a lighter vein.

My Blog starts here

First Harsha saw this article, and told me to read it, and I was gaffawing away reading it.Tea fell on my Tea shirt, and I had to go change into another one.Here the Supreme Court is saying “ The wife is always Right”, so who are we men to challenge that eh !

Reminds me of the Asian Paints Ad, which must have inspired the judges, where the old lady says to her old husband “ I am always right “. Well Well

Now that set my mind racing around, to decide for myself if the learned judges are right or not.There is a friend of mine,lets call him Arjun. He had a love marriage, both very handsome, a lovely pair.Arjun used to listen to everything his wife Sonia said, in public always holding hands, and caressing each other, calling each other Jaanu, and all that stuff.Well I personally am an old fashioned fellow, and feel very uncomfortable about this public display of affection.He used to do everything she said.

We used to be sitting drinking with other friends, and one call from Sonia , and the guy would go running home immediately.We friends used to say, he is a pet dog in front of his wife, always ready to lick her feet any time.

Well they should have been the happiest pair, nahin ? They divorced, and went their separate ways, and their only son now a drug addict, a good for nothing fellow.Arjun is flitting from one woman to another and we have lost touch totally now, occasionally meet at some weddings sometimes but that s it.

So many guys just cant do without their wives, and when they go to their parents house, they keep calling them to come back sooner.Why they need them back fast, well , reminds me of a song “ Who baat jo Tujhe mein Hai, who sab mein Nahin “ sang Rafi.Well your guess is as good as mine, that what she has that this fellows is desperate for.

And I swear it is us men who spoil the ladies.Look at that stupid Guru Dutt singing “ Chavdhvin ka Chand Ho , ya Aftab Ho, Jo bhi Ho Tum Khuda ki kasam, Lajawab Ho”
    Come on Mr.Dutt, there are plenty of fish in the sea.Dont u know the saying “ A charm of a new wife lasts 9 Days” Well in case it lasts longer ? then he has not seen outside his home for sure, or he is cockeyed for sure !!!

Another Hero sang “ Tu kahe Agar, tu kahe Agar jeevanbhar, main Geet Sunata Jaoon,
    This means if she says sing a song, the hubby sings a song like a puppet ?A slave eh !

Harsha , when she says I want to go visit her mom, or my mom, I readily agree, and give her a one way ticket.i say take yr time, enjoy yourself, and here is some extra money too, have a Ball.Kamal what about u, who will take care of u ? Me ? I have maid servants, who will cook and clean the house, I have friends, who will drink with me, I have my dogs with me, I have my blogger friends with me.Now I can sit on the computer later than 8/30 pm, and even bring my drink to the computer, and read and blog and comment.

See , life is good with Harsha, and better without her.Both sides of the coin have a different flavour.I am not too dependent on her, and same I want her to do, and am teaching her to be independent in many ways.

And she is not Right all the time, and neither an I , for sure.These judges must be under their wives’ thumbs, so their advise to the men.and u ladies must be so happy to now tell us, listen to us more and do as we say !

So now u ladies feel happy, when the Supreme Court has declared u wives superior to the husbands, tie your husbands to yr paloo, make them sing songs at yr will, tell them at night that this is day, and make them agree to it readily, u have the court’s orders now.

Before I end this never ending blog, just remembered an old joke, somewhat opposite of what the learned judges observed.Here goes

Every Woman has a man in her

The word Woman has the word Man

Women has Men
    Madam has Adam
    She has a he
    Her has a he
    Lady has a lad

I would like to know the views of all the ladies and gentlemen on this very interesting subject, of who is controlling whom and how much.

I am a gone case, but u all are younger and prettier and handsomer, so lets see what u all have to say.

Kamal Mahtani

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,

So the supreme court itself has given the judgment, is it? Many men may think that it is a sure way of keeping peace in the house.
    But still smarter are those men who just give their wives the impression that everything is going on as per her wish while actually they do just what they want .
    Frankly I would not like my hubby (or daughter too)to agree with everything I say….so boring life would be then,no?..i enjoy the differences.…hahaha..
    Very hilarious blog and what a different take on gurudutts most romantic song…:biglaugh

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear kamalji,
    At last you have to agree the supremacy of women by the court's verdict. May be in that case it can be right. but not always ( though i am a woman) there are some women who give wrong advice, who take advantage of their husband's love.Even in Tamil, we do have a saying"Pondatti sonna kettukkanum. ( hear what the wife says. As mindi says, i am also not for this. there should be thrill that we can get only when difference of opinion comes. Adding masala:). In the case of your friend Arjun, may be the boredom made them to get the divorce.what do you say?
    with love
    pad

4. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Good Mindi, that u did not like henpecked husbands.I have seen such husbands who stand outside the beaugy parlours for hours while their wife goes in there.Tow of my friens are like that.i find it silly.

their clothes are chosen by the wife, etc. i dont have the time for all this,
    Do u know we are a group of 10 couples, and 7 of the ladies dont know how to drive, and the husbands dont teach them ot drive, as then they fear they might get too indepenent.i taught harsha long back to drive, so i dont have to become her driver.

Regards.kamal

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

dear Pads,

marriage is sucessful when both partners are on a equal footing, so i feel.and what is the fun in marriage if both agree to the same thing.

Opposties attract and equals repel, as we learnt in sceince.But the judges must have forgotton that i suppose.

if this judgement was given in a foriegn country, the judges would have been lynched by the men fold there for sure.HAHA

Regards

kamal

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,
    Your comment on 'Gruhalakshmis' in Cheeniya sir's post seems to have not gone well with the supreme court judges! Well, well! We, the community of women do not go with the judges! All we ask for is 'Let us also have some say!'! As you have pointed out at the end of your blog,

The word Woman has the word Man

Women has Men
    Madam has Adam
    She has a he
    Her has a he
    Lady has a lad
    no wonder men thought of leaving the wo(e) and ma out on all important matters and the supreme court had to come to their rescue!!!!
    On the whole we womne had a hearty laugh reading out that piece of news!
    Love,
    Malathi

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

I never blame the women, i blame the men always, even though i am a male.

Men promise a honeymoon to their wives for Switzerland and take them to Shimla.

And they say to the wife, i will bring the stars and the moon to yr feet, and when they cant, the poor wife feels bad.and if add a mother in law, things sometimes take a turned for teh worst.

Well, i dont know what i wrote on Cheeniya's post, but if anyone felt offended i apologize for something i dont remember.

Well this newwl this news tickeld me no end, and i wrote the blog, without editing, from start to finsish as the thoughts came to me.

Thanks for yr nice comments, and for liking this blog, which i thought would get me bricbats, but surprisingly everyone liked it.:biglaugh

Regards

kamal

8. dhivya rangarajan

dhivya rangarajan Bronze IL'ite

Again!

So there is some use, afterall, for yousubscribing to all the newspapers and reading them all day, Kamalji.. you churn out these hilarious, thought provoking blogs!

I would reaaallly love my DH to listen to me only during selective times
    - shopping
    - eating out
    - getting gifts for family and friends
    - decorating the house

He doesnt really have an eye for any of this, and, is never interested. And whatever I do on these, looks like a waste of resources!

Rest all, like investments, he does a pretty good job, except that I only have to point out things occasionally here and there..

But judges of SC must be old men, and they, in all their wisdom, may be right. Like I heard once,

"the woman decides trivial things like when to have a family function, what to cook today, which school should the children study in and how much you lend to a friend;
    while the men must decide very important matters like who should be the next U.S president, wasIndira Gandhi right about declaring emergency and when shd India launch its next rocket!"

See, this is what it all is about. Leave the women to do what they are good at, and go drink and bluff! ;P

Cheers,
    dhivya;)

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamalji,
    There won't be any thrill in life if all men start following the advice of SC judges and become bibi ka ghulam. I feel majority of women won't like it. What is life without a fight?
    i enjoyed your write up.
    PS

10. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

KM ji,
    You just enjoy talking on such topics and listen to our views. I too prefer men to make their own decisions,somehow both men and women have their forte.

I don't like men to be hen pecked , but i don't mind mine:rotfl.This will make my life easier, i can blog as much as i want, i can talk on the phone as much as i want, i don't need to cook, i can sleep, talk ,sleep, go here and there, just go out with friends here and there.

Jaya