1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why??

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by HelpMe, Jan 11, 2010.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe New IL'ite

My final divorce date is about a month away and I am scared as to if my dead husband will come to court to give me the divorce or if he just took me on a goose chase for the past 6 months telling me he will give me the divorce. His first reaction when I asked him for a divorce was why I needed one and if being separated was not enough and if I needed a divorce because I had plans to get married again. He also took the liberty to tell me that no one would marry a woman with a kid.

As I think of this it makes me wonder as to why being a girl and with the Indian law supporting the girl that it is me worrying if he will come or not worrying if he will give me my divorce or not; where as he is happy and bindas not even caring to want the divorce? And not even worried of the consequences he will have to face if I go the the police with all the physical abuse he has done to me.

Why is it that though I have the law on my side that it is me worrying about getting a divorce and being able to end this? Whereas he doesn’t care?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  2. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear about your condition.

1. May be....he is very scared, he is talking as if he is not.
    2. By taunting you like this he is trying to stop you.
    3. By provoking you, he is making you to get frustrated and make you blurt out your plans (like going to police etc)
    He is a jerk and manipulator. Maintain a cool and silent exterior before him.

Hope your life becomes better as soon as possible.

3. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Helpme, by behaving like he does not want a divorce he is keeping his options open. Later he can walk in after having his fun and games and start living with his wife and kid again .
    I think you can get ex-party decision if he doesnt show up. Men think that the wife will never go the police to lodge a report against DH .
    There was a real case where the DH threw out his wife and DD and returned to them in last days. The neighbours sided with the DH and called the police who said it was the duty of the DD and wife to care for the man as no divorce had taken place.
    Ask your lawyer to make a water tight case like cruelty etc so that you get the divorce. Forgo your alimony if you can in return for peace of mind if possible.
    All the best !