1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Yana Gupta and other Intl models preferred over Indian models?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by ahalya, Apr 3, 2007.

1. ahalya

ahalya New IL'ite

Why Yana Gupta and other Intl models preferred over Indian models?

Yana Gupta and other International models preferred over Indian models? Though we Indians are not less talented and attractive then others. So why we are lagging behind the race?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007

2. laxminkp

laxminkp New IL'ite

hi Ahalya

Your comment on the intl models was interesting. But why single out Yana Gupta? Competition should be welcome to all. If they win over Indian models, they are better deserving, isnt it? Just one more thing - Yana Gupta today is a role model coz of her averseness to dieting and unhealthy habits which is the current obsession with Indian models. For her healthy comments, I recommend you read the last month's Femina.

3. corallux

corallux Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ahalya,

I do agree with you when you ask why Int'l models & not Indian Models
    Modelling is a profession that places more emphasis on figure & personality-Very few Indian families would let their daughters take to the catwalk wearing Skimpy outfits-I agree with with you when you say we have talent here-Just look @ Aishwarya Rai, Deepa Padukone , Madhu Sapre-the list is endless.

The Indian mindset has still not changed-Just looka @ the Matrimonial website for Brides "wanted tall, fair, educated, intelligent home-loving girl"

C'mon people why wld a lady of substance marry a person who puts more emphasis on looks rather than brains?

Modelling wrld in India is no diff-we do not want a dark heroine/dark model on the catwalk

We need a Vanessa Campbell on the Indian modelling scene to say-Yes we are truly Indian

Ahalya I interact with people with different nationalities & you know what?
    People cannot understand the logic of Fariness creams/soaps
    We need to learn frm the Africans who have pride in their beauty-black is beautiful

Just look @ an ordinary lass frm the village-her beauty & poise will put any super model to shame-all it needs is careful nurturing & encouragement

Cheers,

Corallux

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  4. Indian_Rani

Indian_Rani Junior IL'ite

Amen sistah. Its interesting. In the US, most of the models are dark and ethnic looking. Just watch the TV show America's Top model and most of the models are dark skinned and the winning contestants range from all ethnicities.

I think its more of a marketing thing. An Indian designer may use international looking models to show that she's keeping up with the international trends.

5. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

I dont think there is anything wrong in preferring Yana gupta or International models.
    We have had Helen in older times too. It rather is a mark of growing economy that models like her find their prospects good in India.

6. Keya

Keya New IL'ite

Its all about the psychology of majority of people my girl..... They go crazy about the girls grown in other countries regardless of how that girl is LOL...:rotfl
    Look at kathrina kaif for example Witsend

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008