1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why women want to have a girl

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Monsi, May 3, 2007.

1. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

why women want to have a girl child

Please read on...
    http://www.dail<WBR>ymail.co.uk/pag<WBR>es/live/article<WBR>s/columnists/co<WBR>lumnists.html?i<WBR>n_article_id=45<WBR>0541&in_page_id<WBR>=1772&in_author<WBR>_id=323
    I guess it is happening somewhere in Britain! this feels good to know about such things. But is the story same in India too? One of my friends couple have adopted a Girl child. They already had a son. He told me that they went to so many Orphanages and they were shocked by the fact that the maximum number of orphans were girls. Most of them were the abandoned girl children just because they were girls. SICK !!! And we talk about india, its great culture and what not !. Is this our culture :cry: . I hope that by such people like the friends of mine, the outlook and the mentality in India would soon change.

Regards,
    Monsi

Last edited: May 3, 2007

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Monsi
    In India, Girl babies are being routinely abandoned, or killed off in the womb itself, inspite of severe laws against such crime. But there are also many cases where couples willingly adopt girl babies - I have noticed that this happen only in urban , well-to-do , younger families.
    We need to educate people better, especially those in rural areas. Also, the dowry menace must be abolished . The main reason for girl babies getting a raw deal is because of the fear of dowry. Boys must be indocrinated against dowry from Class 1 itself.
    I feel SICK too when I read or think of these things.

manjula

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Monsi,

Well i always want girl becoz girls are always more closure to mother than boys & after a while boys go there on way. But my reason to have girl is they are talkative:mrgreen: <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype>(mine hubby didn’t talk much like other hubby’s) , more naughty:2thumbsup: , after certain period of time u're more like her friend than a mom:yes: , u can go to shopping with her, choose variety of dresses for her, but with boys u don’t have not much option not much variety, not much colorful clothes. She will help us with cooking also heeeeeee:wink: & she is always think abt her parients more than boys after her marriage too.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  4. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

Its only a girl who cares for her parents anywhere she is atleast with a ph call she enquires abt the parents well beings where as sons are arrogant parents shd call and find out how he is
    for a real life example
    we are three sisters and one brother
    daily we all sisters call home to my mother and talk to her where as my father has to call my brother to enquire how they are i try to tell my father to just leave my brother but he dosent listen his love for my brother is so much which i cant explain it pinches me though but i keep quite i dont want to hurt my fathers feelings.
    funny isnt it but its true .
    i always wanted to have a baby girl for tht reason tht she wud be considerate and caring but i had a boy only i tried to persuade my husband and mil tht i wud adopt a baby girl frm an orphanage but NO came the ans .:cry: