Why The Banks Are Not So Popular

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by sunkan, Nov 29, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Why are the banks not so popular:

In those days when I was in business selling silk sarees from kanchi, dharmavaram and molakaalmuru had a lot of transactions with the bank, I had an account even before I could start this business, but the bank always had a soft spot for the business clan as they got them more moola..

I introduced a bigger crowd during those times as many wanted to open account there. One of them was mr. raja who was a tanker owner he had two to three tankers running around in Bangalore and Chennai and other places supplying petrol, now when I introduced him to our bank, they immediately got a deposit of two lakhs, and were all smiles.

Now when after few months raja wanted that I introduce his wife also and open a new account which was without any hassle as her husband already was there, now the main purpose for edna raja to open an account is, she was expecting some inheritance from her aunt who was very old and had written a will to edna to receive some amount.

One great day mr raja lands up and says the bank refuses to acknowledge us without a letter from the local MLA. I was damn furious, so went along with them and asked the bank manager, did he know mr. raja, and he was all smiles ofcourse, he said and then I showed his wife and they said yes of course her too. My very next question is something may be they did not expect. I asked the manager whether he opened the account with the signature of the MLA? For which he said no, then why do they have to show a MLA signature to get what they deposited here? The very next minute the manager realized his mistake and the fund was released.

To think that they are great in handling our money given to them, is the most foolish notion, and another thing is they keep verifying as most staff are shuffled all the time and in residential areas we don’t change often do we, we live there for years and years and if we have to give verification to each staff about us it works on our nerves and we want to shift the account to a better bank who will not keep looking at us like criminals, rather look into the account and be kind and pleasant to us, as they are running on our money and many like us, who have deposited there…

the private banks like icici, hdfc, standard chartered, and citi bank many like them the lesser said the better, they use goondas to beat up the defaulters, they attack the wives and parents of the guys, to treat all like that is something not called for,some are genuine in their late payments, and some are not aware about the loans as many children do not inform parents about this, to go beat them up just because they are parents is something to be looked into...sunkan

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007

2. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Nice post but everything has a pros and cons...banks changed cause of social change lady. With time we change, our look outs change and thus there is a need to change a certain style of doing business..situations are bad to us sometime and at times they are good...banks too are a part of thus dynamics