Why The Agnipariksha?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by beautifullife30, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Jas82688

Jas82688 Silver IL'ite

Yes this what happening bcoz of movies n serials they made it like big issues especially in no of Telugu movies I see droupathy vastrapa Harnam they will make scene ugly to get attention. Due to all this we will just remember negative things forget positive .. It's strange people saying there is no respect for women in our epics bcoz of these 2 incidents .. Did any one thought what kunthi made how karna led his life ..? Why not she revealed that secret did we ever dare to speak about it .. Doesn't Krishna don't know that but not revealed bcoz it's their karma to happen like that .. What about great bhishma he sacrificed whole like for his father n step mother is it not respecting women ..? We never speak about good things sacrifices.. Lord Rama sacrificed his kingdom went to forest bcoz of kaika who will do that sacrifice for step mother can these people to it who d criticizing Rama .. If rama or his father doesn't have respect women they should have trashed kaika .. People knows only that Rama sent wife to forest but he too suffered a lot for that .. Liked ur post a lot .. Just because our religion have freedom to speak n comment people started de grading it instead better they find faults on themselves good for society .. 10000 likes to ur post

kcb and vaidehi71 like this.
  2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Rama had utmost respect for women (and men and kids and other forms of life). Its easy to belittle as though Ramayana is theater soap opera.

3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Hi JAG

Very true. I came across a few books which quoted the same.

Nevertheless, for the larger audience Ramayana means the first thing which come to their minds sadly is just these two aspects.

I don't understand one point here though - does trying to understand the other person's view make you a defendant of their actions? I am a bit confused at this point. All I did was try to raise a point that just take a moment to put yourself at the other person's shoes to understand why it was done.

I never knew that one sentence would or is making me a defendant of his actions. really....do people actually even see what the posts here are about!

Sometimes I think its the case of a cup full of thoughts - your own. So you enter into a topic with prejudices and with a judgmental attitude. It would just make you a bad judge. Agreed, that you are entitled to your views. BUT forming your views after having full knowledge is the right way isn't it?

Maybe, I somehow feel instead of talking about 'KARMA' I should have quoted Einstein's law here - every action has an equivalent and opposite reaction - then the views would have been accepted!

I wonder, aren't these two the same!

vaidehi71 likes this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

dear @beautifullife30

Mahabharata and Ramayana are great epics beautiful works. Every action and nuance is explained. One might not agree with it ..that is a different matter altogether but it has been dealt with according to the dharmic rules that existed then . The love Rama had for Sita is incomparable….most men today wouldn’t even know how to love some one like that…neither can they understand the depth of Krishnas relationship and unconditional love for his bhakta draupadi as she stood in the middle of the sabha calling out for not her 5 husbands but for her one and only Govinda. To understand the message these master pieces wished to convey .. one should read and analyze and put urself in the characters shoes….. whether or not u believe in the religion /god is actually immaterial.
    Sadly most people who talk have not done the basic homework . Its like criticizing harry potter without reading it :)
    No trying to understand something or someone does not mean u agree with them. Sadly thats how it ends up in an online forum. I wish you all the best. I just wanted to u to try reading Valmikis ..version…there are no inconsistencies.

Lathasv, kcb, beautifullife30 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Well said.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

@beautifullife30

I had read all your responses and I liked all of them. some of them were like refreshing and some were new to me. So loved to read them and understand them as well. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi.

kcb and beautifullife30 like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One genuine question:
    A frequent observation is that people don't read, or read only partly, before questioning the epics. And if they read them properly, they would have less questions, or more answers. By the time a person is 19 or 20 or 21, or even 23, they have formed some ideas, lived about 1/3 of life, and taken some decisions. But, they might not be likely to have had the time and wherewithal to understand the epics, yet would have lived with those values as handed down by parents and others. So, they should question only after having read the epics properly, fully? And, hold off questions until then?

8. beautifullife30

This is exactly what I said. Society then and now are different. As we moved ahead we have chosen to follow a few and leave those not proper according to us.

Yes...they are something so beautiful to explain and so pure to understand. I wish people could really see the real beauty in it.

I will surely get a copy of Valmiki Ramayana. Very eager now seeing how you mentioned that it is without inconsistencies.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  9. beautifullife30

It is not about holding off questions. It is about trying to find or seek the answers for the questions than just keeping it aside as 'not right'.

Questions is what brings the truth out.....

My mom for instance used to tell me the same...Rama was a bad husband. For my entire 23 years I used to believe the same. Rama was an unjust god and never used to like reading Ramayana.

My husband was the one who sat and explained. He told me to first read the epic and then try to understand. I did that. I read a recent version and had a lot of questions which i used to ask him.

My husband asked me the same question "if you who have been following the right and wrong principle feel that what Rama did to Sita is wrong, wouldn't he know that what he is doing is wrong at that time. So to have a deeper knowledge probe and find out why he did it!"

Very true.....I need to find out. I am still searching for the answer. In my search I came across so many many stories and articles which were almost life changing as well. The joy it brought me and the lessons it taught me is so immense that I wish to share it with others. I wish everybody gets a chance to realize the joy I felt.

That is my only idea behind encouraging people to question in a healthy manner and go and search and talk about their doubts until they find a solution.

If you stop at 'it is wrong' then there is no further way. isn't it?

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. beautifullife30

Thanks Vaidehi......even I am learning a lot everyday in quest to find my answer. It was my pleasure to share the few thoughts and stories that I knew. :blush:

vaidehi71 likes this.