Why should we act ? – Gita’s answer.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha,
    I can very well understand your thought process, after your recent bereavement.
    We have to engage ourselves in action till our last minute. That is the very sign of living.
    Consequences may be or may not be, what we desire for. But act, we must !
    It is nice to know that you are enjoying these posts, Sudha !
    Love,
    Chithra.

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,

You have written this so well. You are your own competition and every post of yours vie with each other in their importance.
    To write like you have done, you not only need to understand but also have put into practice what you preach. Otherwise, the words would not have rung so true!
    It is so easy to withdraw from life and action when one is depressed. But where will all that lead us to...only more depression. You are so right when you say we cannot run away from problems. We have no choice, we have to face it.
    Each time you mention Gita having solutions to our problems, I get very excited. I like to immediately grab the book and devour it. But I know it wont work like that. I am sure Gita will be ready to give me answers only when I am ready to read more than the written lines therein.
    Arjuna is is a 'punyatma' ! He had the Lord Himself guiding him out of his turmoil.
    Well, we have our own Chithra to give guidance to understand Gita and the Vedanta behind it. Just reading Gita is not sufficient. Like you say, proficiency is not the key, efficiency is !
    Now I pray that the good Lord give me the intellect to understand and aspire towards the right path.

L, Kamla

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Isnt it interestng that everyone who reads is able to go with some line that touches them? that is a attribute to your greatness. It is always interesting to read other replies and posts to observe the different views. and God seems to have given a unique set of problems for each unique individual which they need to cross or face to realise God.

4. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    Thanks for your FB.
    Sometimes, rather very often, you overwhelm me with such nice words that I literally grope for suitably nice words to thank you. But I fail, in my expressions !
    We love to wallow in self pity when we suffer that we fail to realise that unless we act, we are not going to march ahead. Ofcourse, it is easily said than done. But, is there any choice at all ? Does not life go on ?
    Let us not ever start wondering if we are as efficient as X or Y . Let us be as efficient as we can, even under the most trying circumstances. To each her or his own.
    Let me thank you again for your nice words, Kamla.
    Love
    Chiothra.

5. Chitvish

Dear AC,
    The greatness of Gita or for that matter any other epic is, "explanation" or
    "interpratation" (bhashyam, as it is called) varies with each person.
    We understand the meaning more with reference to the situation we are going through at that particular phase of life.
    That is Gita's greatness, AC, pleasedo not attribute it to me.
    Thankyou for coming again - I am very happy that this post is making you think a lot.
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Running away from problems does not solve the problems, we have to face it and solve it. Running away is cowardice and shame.... Great... But at times in real life we run away or try to avoid problems instead of facing it... It is not because of cowardice... Because we dont want to hurt our loved ones... or further complicate situations.... In todays world we dont have Krishna next to us to guide us....

Man should not renounce the work and SR but renounce the fruits ..... It is great.... mostly said than done.... Every one of us crave for recognition.... or some pat in the back.... which will motivate further... The theory of recognition and motivation revolves around this...

Attachment to work..... Again all my Bosses used to tell me... Dont get emotionally attached ..... But if you are not attached... you cannot expect great results.... If you feel you just do your duty.... then we cannot expect better results.... It will become like a Govt. Orgn... Where they will do the work only if the paper comes to their table....

Our country has great intelligent workers and technicians.... Most of them are in overseas and the young ones are aspiring to go out sided the country and not in India.... Why..... Again it is because of the recognition and salary and standard of life etc.etc...

So, where are we.....

Sorry to have strayed out of context....

Veda

7. Chitvish

Dear Vysan,
    Thoughts come in a stream & we tend to stray & go out of context, very often. This is because one thought leads to another !
    I fully agree with whatever you have written !
    Regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  8. revathy45

revathy45 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitraji,
    That was simply great.Enjoyed reading it &re reading it.The Gita has given us a whole package on how to live our lives.I also appreciate greatly that it is mentors like yourself who are bringing the extracts of the Gita to us in a manner we are able to comprehend.Would love to read more such writeups.
    Thanks again Chitraji,
    Regards,
    Revathy.

9. Chitvish

Dear Revathy,
    Thankyou for joining us in this thread.Please do not use big words like mentor for me.
    I am learning Gita by going to a class & wish to share with you, whatever I am learning.
    Please stay tuned.
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. ansh12

ansh12 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'am

I had been thinking of few aspects of Shri Bhagvad Gita which cause confusion in my mind.

I have been going through your posts, but didn't post FB as I felt that these teachings of GITA have so much depth that they don't require any FB, they are to be implemented and put in action.

The aspects that put me in confusion are

GITA says fight for your rights and don't accept injustice as the the person tolerates injustic is equaly to be blamed as the person who inflicts injustice

Do you think it is possible to always act upon this teaching,as if we do so most of the time we would end up fighting.Especiallly ladies have to tolerate so many things just to maintain peace and harmony at home.

Similarly, at the work place too.

Coming to "karm Karo Phal ki chinta mat karo"

But, how does one tackle the situation when one's reputation is maligned due to profesional jealousies, though one might be a very sincre worker.

Please me resolve these issues

Warm Regards
    Ansh