Why should we act ? – Gita’s answer.

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs.Chith,
    Many lines in your post are quote-worthy. what got into my attention is the following line:
    'Man should not renounce the work and social responsibilities, but he must learn to renounce the fruits thereof.'

It is true but it is hard to follow because we are all human beings and we expect in return. I think that is why Gita is here to show the path of Karma and not to expect the results thereof. By following Gita atleast we can accomplish a little of its teaching.

Sriniketan

2. birraj

birraj Senior IL'ite

Dear Mom,
    I read your post and very much thought of courage to face difficult situation is related to success. Now I am much confident enough to face any difficult situations. Thanks for sharing this post with us. I like your simple sentenses. Love to read more posts of yours.

Love
    Birundha

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear AC ( I love the way Cheeniya calls you & am copying him!:-D ),
    I have not so far read any book by wayne dyer.
    My language is simple because that is all the command of English, I am capable of ! I am not a well-read person of english literature. I am a science graduate with english as subsidiary as was called then.
    We can never afford to lie low in inaction, at any stage in life, We have to constantly remind ourselves of that.
    Thanks for coming back a second time, AC. That only proves to me how much you enjoyed this post & I am very happy !
    Love
    To
    Chitra
    From
    Chithra.

4. Chitvish

Dear Sreelatha,
    Thanks for regulaly following posts in this forum.
    I personally feel, instead of having somebody else's performance as our yardstick forour own betterment, it is better that we improve upon ourselves every time. When I read some of my own culture posts written last year, I have started feeling, I could have written much better !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

Dear Madhu,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    Instead of learning Gita as a scriptural text, if we read it as a life-lesson, there is so much to lean from it. I will never say, it is easy to follow but atleast we should start thinking on the right lines.
    Once you start enjoying the Gita, its significance unfolds itself to you gradually !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Chitvish

Dear Bhargavi,
    Thanks for appreciating this post.
    What you have quoted is the essence of karma yoga.
    We have to start deriving pleasure from every action that we perform & strive to do it from our point of view as our best performance. This, though not easy, has to be developed over time for our own benefit.
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. Chitvish

Dear Birundha,
    Difficult situations, unpleasant situations are all part & parcel of life. We cannot run away from them. We have to go through them with a prayer on our lips, thinking "this too shall pass".
    Thanks for joining us here.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra,
    During the last two weeks I was out of the house most of the time. In between I tried to catch up with IL. You are doing a wonderful job. You and you only could pull even the youngsters and motivate them to immerse in spirituval ocean to gain the best of knowledge! Hats off to you!
    With love,
    Pushpavalli

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    Another interestingand enlightening post! After what i have gone through the last month,i did wonder about life and why should we at all do all the things taht we do if itis all going to end the way it ends one day....and we dnt even have a say in that nor do we know which DAY!?.... But your post on Action is signature of life , and the way you have explaned the essence of action and inaction as inGita, really helped me come back to my Life in many ways. I did raed this yesterday ...but was mulling on the thoughts , and was trying to understand a lot of things....then today i read it again and kind of felt it made sense and i have to go on with action, and only inaction brings sorrow N depression......
    Great post, i for one is benefitting by these posts a lot...so go on!:2thumbsup:

10. Chitvish

Dear Pushpavalli,
    Your words mean a lot to me more because you are a senior citizen.
    The youngsters are interested definitely. But to make them come to these posts is a challenge, I face every week, all the more if it is technical!
    Thankyou for the nice words.
    Love,
    Chithra.