1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why shoud i adjust ....what am i getting in return

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by IndianJyoti, Dec 30, 2009.

1. IndianJyoti

IndianJyoti New IL'ite

Hi Ladies
    I need some advice .I am married to my husband for year year now and till now we never had any intercourse.
    When we try then he is unable to penetrate and discharge quickly. I am not sure if he is impotent? Above this i tried and supported him this whole time I told my in laws about it and they never said anything concrete to him i told them i always supported him so that he does not loose his confidence. but when things crossed my nerve then i send them an SMS that they are free to talk to their son and from end this marriage is void. On this they made a hue and cry and poisoned him abt me and in order to defame me they showed that sms to all their relatives etc..They are a bunch of idiots ....to this me and my husband had a big fight as he asked me to leave the house and my in laws mis behaved to my parents to which my parents ignored them and i took a room and decided to move out. When i was about to move out then i threaten my husband for divorce to which he got panicked and promised me that he want to make this relation work. I told him that then he have to meet a doctor and a hypnotherapies. As my husband is not normal. He had a bad abusive childhood and is a nervous personality. He agreed but to this my in-laws further poisoned him that he agreed to all what i said ..and they donot want him to do these things ..for the sake of their ego.
    Second thing my in laws want me to give all my salary to them. which i donot ..I give him half of my salary for home expense when he earn 3 time more then i to.And he also contribute same amount as i do. Then for my personal expense i spend form my saving....I think i am adjusting too much. and i feel my parents are too nice ..When i came to this country then my husband use to miss behave with me because i was not working .....earlier i thought that it was due to his frustration due to his prof failure but now i have realized its due to my in laws....they poisoned him every time. They are duffers and real IDIOTS.. Why should i adjust what am i getting in return....

Now my question are is it normal that for this long a couple have no relation..
    Why am i living with him when he is not giving me any thing no money ,no status of wife ....i have lost my confidence and my personality....why should i adjust to this extent. or should i take a step..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009

2. StaarBearer

StaarBearer Senior IL'ite

Jyoti,

As much as I appreciate Your coming-out openly, I think You made a mistake by sms'ing Your in-laws that the marriage is void at Your end. I dont know what made You say so much to Your in-laws, but the damage was done then.

You have to make Your DH understand, that going through medical help is not for his parents but for himself and his married Life. I know its difficult when in-laws keep poking their nose in, but Your DH should understand this. Get him to understand this and sort this out first, rest later.

I didnt understand if Your in-laws live with You, if so its gonna be difficult to get Your DH understand but eventually he will. Since he is a nervous personality already, try not to get on his nerves even when he does the same to You. Please, atleast until he goes through the therapy.

All the Best.

3. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

hI

YOu did a mistake by smsing to your in laws .You Dh might have this problem and probably didn't know about it before marriage .You should have handled it more private with you and DH alone .if he is unwilling to undergo treatment then you should have seeked other methods .

any way past is past try to have frank talk with your DH and don't involve the in laws or your parents and try to convince him for a treatmnet .If he is reluctant then you can file for a divorce or in this case may not be even valid as it could be a void

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Do you always do anything in life only if you get anything in return that is of your gain !!!

5. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Oh come on. I think Jyoti's question is very fair once you read her story. As in.... I'm in a sexless marriage, my inlaws want all my money, so what happiness is there for me in this situation? At least that's what I understood her to mean. And, I don't think she is selfish at all for expecting a little happiness in her life and marriage. Who cares if she wants something in return for being this guys wife? Don't we all?! I mean which lady doesn't expect sex from her husband? Which lady wants to fork over all her money to her mil?

This lady isn't Jesus Christ to sacrifice her life for no personal gain. Of course she wants to gain in life, just like the rest of us! In fact it seems poor Jyoti wants nothing more than to get her self confidence and personality back, and hopefully a little intimacy from her dh. Very normal expectations in my opinion.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  6. vidhkarthik

vidhkarthik Bronze IL'ite

I totally agree with ASG. The girl has no conjugal relations with her husband, Her ILs interfere in her salary and what more should be expected from her? Do you mean that she should not expect any intimate relations with her husband and decent ILs cos its her gain and should live her life without any dreams and hopes of her own? Cut her some slack Nandu.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

even i was wondering if it was nandu's reply and had to look at it again
    IndianJyoti
    i agree with others
    talking to in laws would nt help much in such cases and they made use of your sms very tactfully but they dint understand they-are defaming their son here
    talk to your dh again 1 year is way too long.convicne him to go to doctor as these things are common and can be taken care of easily with due treatments

8. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

First issue could have been handled more discreetly iwth more tact. SMS is bad way to communicate about such an issue. In arranged marriage it can take up to 6 months for a good sexual life to be established.

Second issue seems unreasonable.

Kavya

9. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

Every woman expects intimacy in her marriage. I completely understand your plight. But, remember that issues between couples should be sorted out amongst themselves. No third person should be involved. And certainly no in laws!! You should not have SMS ed your in laws. You should talk calmly to your husband and then decide the best course. In this kinda situation, one needs to be very patient coz nothing is going to change overnight. Good luck!

10. Pamela15

Pamela15 Silver IL'ite

IndianJyoti,

You are so right with the concerns you have related to your relationship with your spouse as well as in-laws. Whatever happened in the past, is past, nothing much can be done about it.

I can understand your scenario as the same thing happened with a close friend; the only difference was that my close friend was a guy. He did not have any issues - but his wife was not keen on an intimate relationship. Even after 2 years of married life, they could not consummate their relationship. The hubby tried everything, love, patience, no inlaws interferences, etc, she was not ready to go to a doc, so forget therapy or even counseling. It was effecting his concentration, and work. Slowly both the sets of parents got involved, but it still didn’t help. They are divorced now. Well, we all might say - he is a man, how can a man stay in a platonic married life? But I feel, the same goes for a woman as well!! How much, or how little, well, its an individuals choice.... no body should judge a woman on ending a relationship because of no sex!

You have to push your hubby to get himself examined - whatever it takes to convince him. Believe me, he panicked because he knew the problem lies with him. And yes, you have the full rights to demand a divorce if he is not cooperating - you are currently not gaining anything from this relationship - no love, no confidence, and no money.