Why people in uganda are black & hows life in uganda

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by hary, Sep 9, 2011.

1. hary

hary New IL'ite

Hi... We are indain family planning to shift in uganada, we have seen photos of people in uganda on net, when temperature is cool why people are balck in uganda...?
    Also like to know how friendly are the people & hows the crime rate in city..
    We are jewellers from india (jaipur) planning to shift business in uganda like to know hows jewelery business in kampala & also we are worried abt living standard over there as in india we live poshely with 3 drivers,8-10 servants,cook etc, can we afford all these in uganda if yes, how much this would cost for all this, & is it in affordable rates...
    I would like to know how is the labour work over there.do we have to struggle for labour or no?
    Atlast we are concern abt indian community in kampala, in which area is indian community set?
    Hows the children life over there - i have got 1 son (1 year old) hows the schooling life over there & is there good future for kids.....?

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

I loved the way you framed your question:) reminds me of my nephew who asked if I was brown all the time and of my student who asked if the people in the stories I told were all brown too:)

People in Uganda are black because as a race they have that fascinating ingredient called melanin:) We have it too, only it is controlled by multiple allelles fo the gene-so as Indians we have all the different shades...and no Uganda is not a cold weather country...even if it is cooler than Jaipur.

As for the other details...I hope you get your quesions answered from people who reside there now...if you do move there I hope you enjoy it:) There is a huge Indian population and a bigger African population...

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. CharanyaRam

CharanyaRam Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hary,

For all your queries about kampala plz visit threads like "Working woman at kampala" or "life in uganda". I am shifting to kampla by sep end and my Dh is there at work for close to 6 months. All i hear from him is good sofar.
    Below are the info given by my hus and also from ilites:

1) You get house maid for a reasonable rate. he has one who is doing everything very well and pay 50$
    2) He has a driver, though he is not flexible too much but ok.
    3) We dont pay rent but found a comfortable house at kampla through his indian friends for 650$ in buglobi.
    4) Climate is like ooty almost all the time
    5) for kind of inidian living you need 500$ per month apart from this you need to pay rent, school fees
    6) There are some good schools and iam planning to put my kid who is 3yrs in aga khan(if i get a seat)
    7) the place where my DH stays are mostly having indian population.

Rest of the info if any thing particular pease visit my thread Working women in uganda and pragati's thread anyone from kampala-Uganda

CR

4. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear Hary,
    is it a genuine post.....all ur details regarding city, country seem mismatched & then the detail u give do not seem to match............
    my answer is that why would a person living such good life need to shift to africa or rather any other country...........
    anyone going into genuine buisness would not relay on info given by strangers .they will do a thorough research before putting their money............anyway if ur query is genuine pls,visit the country yourself & see if u can set a buisness here.......
    pragati

1 person likes this.
  5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hary,

For a decision as major as moving house and business to another country...as Pragati suggested....it would be wise to make a visit over there personally. Uganda is not very far from India and from your post,it sure seems that you can afford that trip before making a decision.This way you will be able to see the basic lifestyle and culture and decide for yourself the level of luxury and comfort that you will want to maintain.

As for people being black....well, I guess you know that Africans are all dark-skinned. Would suggest you to not base your decision on just feedback. Instead, do a thorough research at least for a decision as big as this.