1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Moon Is Associated With Romance And Women

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sln, Feb 23, 2020.

1. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks.I dont know how i missed this wonderful song.I hate pop up of my favourite songs while browsing TOI news.
    It is rightly said that Google knows more about you than your wife.
    Regards SLN

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Ah! enjoyed the snippet in full. Am a romantic at heart too, and always had a craze for and continue to enjoy the innumerable old hindi bollywood songs about chand and chandni.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Umpteen number of beautiful songs in Telugu and Hindi films. I love many of those songs.
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Romancing in a real sense means affection and excitement without explanation.It is good to be romantic at heart.You chase the butterflies with myriad colours and designs or play with a toddler in a pram.This gives you happiness.Annanun nokinan avalum nokinal[Ram looked at her-Seetha looked at him.That is all.The eyes did the rest.That is romance.
    Thanks for enjoying the snippet.Enjoying nature and its beauty and looking for good things and humour in any situation keeps me going.
    Regards.SLN

Thyagarajan, joylokhi and Mistt like this.
  5. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

There are so many songs with the moon theme in Tamil,Telegu,and Kannada.Good and appropriate lyrics with good picturisation lifts your spirits up.Moon some how has a magnetic attraction which makes you feel at peace with yourself.
    Thanks/Regards .SLN

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@sln sir,
    I throughly enjoyed reading your thoughts towards Moon and Moon's association with women/romance. As a music lover, I can feel your enjoyment while listening/watching songs on Moon. Take Care, Sir.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for your FB. There are many things to irritate us during the day but compensation comes at the end of the day with these songs..SLN

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  8. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Dear @sln,

I did not know that Tiruvalluvar wrote a kural invoking the moon. On a serious note, it is firmly believed that the "standard" medical advice to sleep 8 hours or more a day is actually a product of the sleeping-pill lobby. There are a number of extremely high-functioning adults who sleep 3-4 hours a day and continue operating with their sharp minds.

In my case I have verified it to be true that I do not need 8 hours of sleep or even 6 or 5. 4 hours of sleep seems to do the trick. Sometimes it feels like we are just addicted to sleeping due to nurture.

It must've been true all along, except when we were young, we had a day full of activities and when night-time hit, we were so exhausted that we would just crash and sleep. But once we get old, all those facades fall by the wayside and we are left to face a simple truth : Someone gave a spaceship to all of us, when all we needed was a bullock-cart. I'm talking about our mind.

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  9. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

You have said it poetically.Our PM fulfills his busy schedule day after day with 3-4 hours of sleep.Hormone Melatonin regulates our sleep-wake cycle and released by pineal gland.When this is not adequate supplements are used [OTC].This is supposed to be better than regular sleeping pills with their addictive nature.
    Fitbit tells me that I have deep sleep for 2hrs 30 minutes,light sleep for 4 hours and awake hours 1hr 30 mts.Sleep Apnea test shows that I get disturbed around 15 times in the night.After lot of tests and research I have zeroed in the reason-high cerebral activity all the time thinking about some thing.I am training myself to keep my mind blank and this is showing results.No TV,No laptop after 9 pm.Switch of the lights and listen to music.You will be surprised that two days back when I sat in the garden for an hour with full moon shining in all its glory,I slept very well.
    Sorry to bother you with sad stories
    Regards.SLN

joylokhi and Thyagarajan like this.