1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why married girl wants to prefer nuclear family and live away from in-laws?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulipsandrose, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Lol, I did like to comment for this..quote
    Like my DH he at very young age has taken up his parents, sis, grandfather's responsibility and then he got married to me :) though am working, he doesnt have to worry about like paying me monthly income..

we were so happy and living Fairy tale life , life in peace, me & my DH were getting ample of time to spend with eachother even after tiring day at work....

But like its said Fairy tales are always imaginary , it happened exactly same...our dream broke off soon after my SIL's wedding , My MIL shifted to stay with us here in Pune & brought grandfather-In-law along.

Strange part of the story is...Queen ( my MIL) is living here with us in Pune and King(my FIL) is living alone in Nasik....

I mean who would do this yaar...ideally she should be staying with her husband but she chose to stay with us and showing up to world ... having me around it will be useful for me and DH, Nasik as such no fun to stay....I mean one would ne time like to stay with DH place doesn't matter does it?

Now, here my DH is neutral...he definetly can never dare to say his mom, why dont you go and stay with father...infact like all Shravanas (Plural form) i will use for i dont need to explain reason right ;), he has always told his parents that we all will stay together....

But when he changed his job and we shifted to Pune just 2 of us...though he never admitted that he loves this nuclear set up he started enjoying having just 2 of us..

God knows when a day would come when MIL goes to FIL's place...i dont see it happening in this fairy tale version :(

My MIL self invites herself and she never asks for suggestion shall i come here or stay with FIL...

Side Effect: I and DH gets no time for eachother and if we go out , she being alone at home, I only at times feel petty and asks DH to take MIL along... on thinking she too needs refreshments....

So, I feel i have dual personality....at times I really get too pissed off from MIL and at times I act like a good GAL ;)

But yeah , I believe staying alone is more meaning full at least that we get time for eachother.

2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

I have always lived away from his family from day1, that's just my luck I suppose. But my co-sister couldn't digest this since she has to live with them.. She made strategic moves & finally left the family moving abroad... But imagine her horror filled face when our MIL followed her to live with her for medical reasons!!!! That's just her luck I think... Irony... :lol:

nakshatra1 and Hyral like this.
  3. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Lol, just a teaser obviously both DILs deserves to share special presence of MIL...lol...
    Touch wood...hope you are always blessed to stay alone ;)

I stayed in Joint family for 1.5 soon after marriage it was like hell...i felt like an alien to different planet , my DH being introvert wasnt talking at all especially when inlaws were around....it was like understood...if MIL has habit of waking up early to compete with HEN ;) DIL also is required to get up early to show respect to MIL waking up early....ohh I went crazy for some months doing same....coz my DH use to wake me up saying 'Mom is up' and one fine early morning when he said me this i replied 'SO WHAT???,its her choice I too work and so are you' if you can sleep as much as u want why cant I....Now please let me sleep for more half n hour please....

He agreed :D

then we went to Pune and as I said life was blissful and in peace but thanks to my fluctuating luck...my In-laws are back to stay with us again :bang oooofffff

Have applied for Canada immigration hope that happens real soon ;)

nakshatra1 and kaniths like this.
  4. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@Hyral.. Yes, I thought so too.. I let her live with us, fortunate for me, not so for my co sis that our MIL is more attached to her elder son... So she packed, cutting short her stay at my place & went off straight to their house!! Am blessed I think... Touchwood!

Although am sorry abt ur condition. Hope things will b smooth for u to move to Canada sooner... I saw ur thread abt Canada PR just yesterday.. Iam thinking abt it too, searched IL & that thread showed up...

5. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

so that I can put an end to the age old mantra - "my son will take care of us when we are old" which thereby propagates the son-preference even amongst the educated families :(

1 person likes this.