1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why married girl wants to prefer nuclear family and live away from in-laws?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by tulipsandrose, Nov 13, 2012.

1. tulipsandrose

tulipsandrose New IL'ite

Hi All,

I saw majority of Indian girls prefer nuclear family and live away from in-laws / mother -in law especially.

May not all indian girls prefer but majority girls want to live independent and away from in-laws.

Taking husband away from his family will hurt him?

Please comment!

2. FreeSpirit20

FreeSpirit20 Platinum IL'ite

And you think the girl is ecstatic to leave behind her parents to start a new life ?! :confused2:

3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Modern married girl's 'want' is not nuclear family, as it is already mandated. The current trend is to restrict in-laws visits, phone calls, etc.

6 people like this.
  4. tulipsandrose

tulipsandrose New IL'ite

Hi,

Please read and nderstand my question completely.
    Whats my question is......As we all know,
    majority of Indian girls prefer nuclear family and live away from in-laws / mother -in law especially.
    Taking husband away from his family will not hurt him?

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Well said ,Freespirit20! People assume that" taking wife away from her family will not hurt her" even if it means the DH is useless(spineless) and MIL tortorous....

nakshatra1, ranirm, Hyral and 11 others like this.
  6. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

The question is why not?

6 people like this.
  7. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Because she has a life of her own. If I stay away from my family, you stay away from yours. Or if you want me to be close to your family, you stay close to mine. It is a girl's right to spend her time and cook and clean for her husband and children. And I don't need to even start talking about the expectations the MIL and FIL will have of her once she starts living with them, because all of us know the mentality of Indian inlaws, if they are getting a daughter in law, they presume that they are also getting a cook, a maid and a punching bag for free.

8. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i wud say pls do not engage such threads. chek out the other thread started by the OP. there are 'n' number of threads on the same topic already existing. let the OP chek them out.

8 people like this.
  9. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

If the girl can leave her parents why not the guy? Why would it hurt the guy more? This is the mindset that needs to change. In most cultures across the world husband and wife move out post marriage. This expectation that the girl should marry and serve her I laws is unreasonable. I have a son and always consider it my responsibility to give him a good education so that he can support his family in future. Why should I expect a girl who does not even know me and is only related to me bcoz she is married to my son support me? She will be naturally attached to her parents and not me. Be with your children in good and bad times...let them live their own lives on a day to day basis. They will also learn the ways of the world if they go out and live on their own.

nakshatra1, ranirm, Catgol and 10 others like this.
  10. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

if it is hurting him so much why he is bothering to get married and make life more painful for his wife with such view ??????????

nakshatra1, ranirm, Catgol and 15 others like this.