Why Lord Krishna didn't marry Radha?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by rajiravi, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Jabalimuni

Jabalimuni New IL'ite

Vidya has very well explained the reason to very much thinking.There is no any need for Radha to marry Krishna as she is a part and parcel of him and always united with him.Thanks to Vidya for such nice explanation

2. sramakrishnan

sramakrishnan New IL'ite

Re:Devotion - enmeshed with Lord Krishna- didn't marry Radha?

If I remember only small thing is: when Dhulabaram was conducted to equate the Lord Krishna on one side of the scale to the valuables and all to be put on the other, nothing equals Lord Krishna. All were wonder struct as Rukmini and Satyabhama too have given all their jewels and valuables but still not a hint of the scale pointer moving a bit.
    All went to Radha and with true devotion she has placed a leaf of Tulasi on the other scale above all, and instantly the scale came down.

So it is devotion enmeshed with Krishna. Everyone see Lord Krishna in body and mind, w/o devotion which Radha set apart. So when Radha merjed with Lord Krishna the scale came down.

3. bells

bells New IL'ite

hi, :)
    actually there are many views and beliefs related to the relationship of Krishna and Radha and their marital status.

one school of thought believes that Radha was married to Ayana, a cowherd and she continued her secret rendezvous with Krishna even after her marriage.

Radha
    was supposedly betrothed to one Ayana (or Rayana) while still a child.Ayana , who was much older than her, is said to have been the brother of Yasoda, Krishna's foster-mother. On marriage, Radha would be Krishna's aunt. In some accounts,Radha is already married to Ayana when she meets Krishna, and this adds a somewhat surprisingly incestuous dimension to the relationship. The tradition has had a not insignificant following and has persisted over the centuries. One example is the highly sensitive writings of Muddupalani (1730-90), a courtesan in the court of the Nayaka kings ofThanjavur. In Radhika Santlvanam, a Telugu text consisting of 584 poems, she describes Radha as Krishna's aunt. Krishna is to marry Ila Devi, a girl brought up by Radha , and veven advises Krishna on how to behave with her on the wedding night.(Source:mantraonnet)

Some even believe that Radha and Krishan married at the end of Krishna's earthly lila just before ascending to Goloka.as per Brahmavaivarta Purana and Garga samhita, Radha and Krishna
    did marry each other.
    According to "Sri Sri Camatkara Candrika" by Srila Visvanatha
    Cakravarti Thakura, Radha was forced to marry Abhimanyu, the son of Jatila. Other sources give the name of her husband as Chandrasena.

So since we do not have much of written record on this mater, and have to depend more on interpretations of scriptures(which again are open to arguments and misrepresentations,
    we shall have to form our own understanding of the relationship of Radha and Krishna.
    bella arora

</pre>

4. suravees81

suravees81 New IL'ite

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! I'm simply impressed with the way the discussion is moving!!!! Wata participation and such valuable inputs!!! I feel enriched myself!!! thanx ladies....wish to see more of these!!!

5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Prema, this topic is very interesting and I dont know why I did not step in here earlier and read all the different reasons for Krishna not marrying Radha............anyways atleast I got the opportunity read this debate !!

6. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Re: Devotion - enmeshed with Lord Krishna- didn't marry Radha?

Dear Friend
    I am sorry to interfere here. I remember reading in the texts that it is Rukmini (an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi), but not Radha, who placed a tulasi dalam / tulasi leaf on the scale to balance the thula and get back Lord Krishna from Sage Narada to whom He was given as daanam (pati daanam) by Satyabhama, his wife, as a part of her pooja.
    Thereby Lord Krishna shows his devotees that he surrenders himself to Bhakti / devotion and not to wealth.

1 person likes this.
  7. psvr

psvr New IL'ite

Dear IL,

This theard is very interesting read... As i read the full post right from the first one i understand that there has been various facts that have come out for a single point. Few from the original source and few others happen to be the illusions and each of it has a very beautifull meaning to it.

As the bird "Hams" drinks only the milk from a mixture of water and milk let us also try to take the good points from it and try to apply it to our "husband wife" relationship.

As a junior member of the team i would request the senior members of the IL to give us some points to be considered or followed or to highlight (keepin in mind the current generation, culture, life style and time available) to rejunivate the feeling of "LOVE" within each member in connection with the couple "Radha Krishna".

These topics might have been discussed in earlier threads, but felt it would give the reader a speacial meaning when read under this thread.

This is just my point of view - Hope this message has been communicated in the right way and has not disturbed the continuation of the thread.

Looking forward for lot more such posts.

Thanking you in advance

Rgs,
    Padmashree

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Re: Devotion - enmeshed with Lord Krishna- didn't marry Radha?

you are right skchivukula......i also heard like that only....b'cos satyabama was jealous of krishna's affection on rukmini ...so, krishna wanted to show her rukmini's pathibakti and did this leela.....part of krishna leela,.....

9. skchivukula

skchivukula Bronze IL'ite

Yes Rajiravi its one of the Krishna leelas. He wanted to show Satyabhama (incarnation of Bhoodevi) that he surrenders to bhakti / devotion and thus this leela of His.