1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why is my mom afraid of them?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Renu1999, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Renu1999

Renu1999 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    Every time I visit india I go to my husband's relatives place first (as my place and IL's place have no international airport. ) and then I travel to IL place and my moms place. even though my close aunt lives in that city. It is now 5 to 6 time everytime my IL's come and pick us up and take to their relative place and they take us to their place. My mom and dad never comes as they dont want to mess up with my ilaws and they are very dominative. My parents always say we will wait for 1 or 2 weeks and then we will take you to my house.
    I always craved to take rest after travel give gifts to my family and go to my relatives place first. But this time my MIL is sick and so she said your parents can come and take you to your relatives place you can stay their for day or two and come and see me. She realized that she has disturbed me a lot during all these years and she said to me this time I did so much to you I dont want to disturb you . you can take rest at your relatives place and come to my place . I was little suprised when I hear it but it is true.
    I was very happy and I called up my mom to come and pick me up this time but my mom is very scared now she is saying I want you to go to their relatives place first and then I want you to come to my place . Now you are married and you are their daughter. I dont understand why my mom says this. I am very upset with her ? Is their any need to be scared of her.

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

How about your dad?Can he come to the airport?See you have thinking about this all the way,now it's in the hand still difficult.
    It's in the system and you can't change it easily.Anyhow if it father still can't come,tell you relative that you are coming,take a taxi and go to relative place.That should give your mother confidence.