1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Indian women wear toe rings ? do u think there is a Science Behind this?

Discussion in 'Jewelry & Accessories' started by nshobitha, Jun 26, 2013.

1. nshobitha

nshobitha Bronze IL'ite

Most Indian women who are married wear a toe-ring. It’s not only a sign that the woman is married, it’s also science. Indian Vedas (Vedham or Vedam) say that by wearing this in both feet, it is believed, that their Menstrual cycle course is regularized with even intervals. This gives good scope for conceiving to married women. Also it is said just because that particular nerve in the second finger from toe, also connects the uterus and passes through heart. If you notice, the toe ring will always be on the second toe of the rightleg and also the left leg. It will control the uterus and keep it healthy by producing evenly balanced blood pressure to the uterus...

As Silver being a good conductor, it also absorbs the energy from the polar energies from the earth and passes it tothe body, thus refreshing whole body system.

In great Indian epic called 'Ramayana' toe ring plays a vital role. When Sita was abducted by Ravana, on the way, she throwed her toe ring (kaniazhi) as the identification for lord Rama. This shows that toe ring is used from ancient time.

Toe rings were introduced to the United States by Marjorie Borell who, after returning from India began manufacturing and selling them in New York in 1973

6 people like this.

2. NanditaSri

NanditaSri Silver IL'ite

Good post, Shobitha. It is great to know the science and logic behind our tradition and practices.

3. anjali111

anjali111 New IL'ite

hi.. I love toerings a lot .. I got maaried 2 month ago.. after marriage.. we have to wear toerings.. i also 4 toerings in each feet including big toe toering called angutha .. i love them.. my hubby like them a lot and keeps playing with them... i love wen he touches my feet