Why indian instant coffee tastes bad in US?

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Sharvani, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Sharvani

Sharvani Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

I tried to make instant coffee with bru, nescafe etc. here in US, but nothing tastes the same as coffee's taste in india. I use organic 2% milk. Anyone know how to make coffee taste good? Plz help me..

Sharvani

2. butterflyice

butterflyice Local Champion Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Have you tried with full fat milk? My mom used to make this here in US, she found the taste really good.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Do you make it the same way you make it in india? Somethings you can do to enhance any filter coffee.

- heat milk in the microwave or stove until it is boiling hot
    - never put coffee or sugar in the Microwave / stove. It completely ruins it.
    - have the required quantities of coffee power and sugar in a mug
    - heat the milk thoroughly and pour it from a distance of about 15 cm into the coffee-sugar mix in the mug. The coffee should froth up heavily, instantly when it is poured his way into the mug.
    - you will see coffee crystals coming up as you pour the milk, keep aiming at such crystals as you continue pouring out the milk
    - as long as you've poured out the milk aiming for the bits of coffee, and from a distance, you shouldn't need a spoon to mix.
    - if it is uneven, use a spoon to gently mix the crystals. Or just leave it be and enjoy the bursts of coffee flavour in your mouth.

1 person likes this.