1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Why Idhayam oil is very costly??

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by hairang, Feb 13, 2009.

1. hairang

hairang New IL'ite

Why Idayam gingely oil is very costlier then Ghee?? Others are selling three times less then their cost. Its price keep on increasing even in the poor economic conditions from 151 to 201 within 3-4 months it increased. No clue Why????????

I think they are giving very high margin to the shop owners and even some cases the shops can fix the MRP on thieir own. Like SPENCER, RELIANCE, SUBIKSHA there were different MRP printed on each idayam oil Pack. That too every month pack it is vary with different rates

No clue why is it so??

2. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

hi hirang,

welcome to the IL community.

here in US some of the places have stopped getting idayam oil. when i was india i used to buy bhuvaneshwari or brindavan brand which is much cheaper as well as quality wise better than idayam. b'cos of its less popularity it is available only in few places in chennai.

i think for idayam the profit margin is more as well as they spend too much for the advertisement.

now a days what ever be the brand gingilly oils r costly.

i have never seen any sediment like formation in dark brown color even at the last drop of the bottle in the brand which i was using.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  3. hairang

hairang New IL'ite

Thaks for the information about new Brand. Even one of my friend told that In karnataka there are other brand gingely oil cost is 4 times less than Idhayam oil. The brands are Anandam like that.

I dont know how 4 times less price, anybody knows this??

4. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi
    I tried other brands dont remember bonk the name... it was kind of bitter... could feel the bitter taste here and there... especially i use idhayam when i make crispy dosai... same when i used the other brand it tasted bitter...(very slightly)... basically this slight bitterness will be there in other gingely oil which we dont find in idhayam oil...

this is just my opinion...

5. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Please tell me the other popular brands in department stores in Chennai please?
    I used to phone & order from shop so they generally send me idhayam brand only.