1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Say "no" To Corona Vaccine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 2, 2021.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Balajee weigh in benefits vs risks in this situation and decide what's best for you and your family. This is the only optimal solution.

Nobody can stop a person who wants to take a vaccine.
    Nobody can convince a person who doesn't want it.

As each person is smart enough to substantiate his/her own view point.

Good luck in your decision !

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I would say that it is better to get vaccinated. At least, if something unfortunate happens, one would not say -only if I had got the vaccine jab.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa, yesterday, a member of my extended family died due to the virus after taking the two shots. This has strengthened my skepticism. But I am open to the idea of vaccination. I am weighing the pros and cons of it. Anyway, there is no point in rushing to vaccination centres or hospitals. Hospitals are hotbeds of COVID 19, swarming with patients and same could be the case with caccination centres. I prefer a wait and see attitude at this juncture.

Viswamitra and satchitananda like this.
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

If one gets a vaccine, and no side effects happened, not even a red swelling one can photograph and post on instagram, one could feel so common, ordinary, run-of-the-mill. Nothing special as a human specimen.

On the other hand, if an extremely rare thing happens, perhaps a cytokine storm, brain hemorrhage, and TV stations are interviewing the doctor who attended, scientists who can talk about cytokine storms, and the survivors in the family who also go on TV, that would be something, wouldn't it ? A star could be (posthumously) born !!

America is also struggling with people, trying to make them give up fame and be dull.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear that. Of course a lot of questions need to be considered:

1. How long after the second dose did he test positive? Did he take the second dose not knowing he was already infected?

2. How old was the person? What co-morbidities did he suffer from? The latter is extremely crucial.

If the crowds at the centres is your worry, Balajee, the workaround would be to wear a double mask - the outer one an N95 mask - a face shield, gloves and turning up really early before everyone else turns up there. Even if there were a long queue, you could be at the head, turn your face away from all of them, finish your job and get away. Just a suggestion. Final decision, of course, is entirely yours.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. satchitananda

-Duplicate post. Please delete.-

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi it was not a HE but a SHE, The lady was in her early 50s. She suffered from obesity, high BP, and diabetes.. But diabetes itself does not render the vaccine ineffectiveDelhi CM Kejriwal, a diabetic has got his shots and is perfectly alright.

8. satchitananda

Which might be true, it does not render the vaccine ineffective, but it is possible there are various undesired complex reactions in their body which prove to be fatal. Kejriwal is not obese, we do not know if he suffers from high BP, his sugar may be well controlled. I cannot say what the state of this lady's blood sugar was, how well controlled it was, how bad her hypertension was; obesity would definitely have a role to play in confounding the other complications. If one is fairly healthy, then these should not be a cause for worry.

Check this video out starting 21 mins. A very interesting 'theoretical' explanation of what all can go wrong. This is just one of them. Nothing to do with the vaccine itself, but with the skill of the person giving it.

But honestly if I were to compare the risks of taking the vaccine vs not taking it, the risks of contracting the infection and possibly obtaining a ticket to the other side of the veil are far higher if I don't take it. Even if all tickets are booked and there is none left for me, the risk I'd be putting others to and the inconvenience of having to quarantine - with family सहकुटुंब सहपरिवारे as they would say in Marathi -, not to mention hospital expenses (which would be relatively better guaranteed with no vaccine), physical suffering for myself, mental agony for loved ones - I'd just go for it.

Mistt, Hopikrishnan and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

WOW... at 12' 50" on the video, a sister is yelling "BALAJEE..." to a brother in a wheeled stretcher losing consciousness...

Viswamitra and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. satchitananda