1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Say "no" To Corona Vaccine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 2, 2021.

1. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Happy that all is well. You had a covid+ BH at home for a week or so, and what was your PCR test for the infection ? [<--feel free to ignore this] If you had the vaccine, and cohabited with a positive case, and resisted the infection, that is pretty good.

After the injection, it takes at least 2 to 3 weeks before the antibodies are formed (this biological response of the immune system in each person varies..), and the booster shot is usually received by the immune system with the seen-that-before attitude, with a response that's likely not as all-hands-to-battle-stations as before.

Doctors, and drug companies only promise reduced severity of the illness when infected, and not a total resistance against it. And in your home it had worked well, and perhaps the sickness may have left behind a battle tested army of antibodies. Stay safe and good wishes.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    Balajee and satchitananda like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Mercifully my test was negative, despite a Covid + BH at home for a week. I had already had my first dose at that time (5 weeks earlier). However since I was not feeling at my best (I do have allergic coughs, but in this instance it was so dodgy), for good measure, I checked my antibodies and the level was very good. Still I wondered whether it meant the vaccine was working, or had I had an infection without symptoms earlier or was I having one which was not being picked up on PCR? So for good measure I had an HRCT done as well and it was clear. In all I have had 4 PCRs done so far and I am clear. So yes, I truly believe the vaccine has seen both of us through. Thanks a lot for the good wishes.

peartree, Balajee, SunPa and 2 others like this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The situation seems to do it and you are damned and if you don't you are still damned. The pandemic is raging not because people are not getting themselves vaccinated but because they are not rigidly observing the COVID protocol. Cinemas, malls, markets, and banquet halls were doing brisk business with people without masks rubbing shoulders. not to speak of political rallies , roadshows, religious events (Try Kumbh mela) Socially responsible behavior would have prevented the pandemic from taking such monstrous proportions. As for the vaccine, Satchi I would tread with caution. I don't know whether these people I knew died because of vaccine after effect or not. But still, the vaccine is like Russian roulette, as I have said. You don't know whether it is the blank chamber of the gun or the bullet is in your destiny.

4. satchitananda

One of the new developments with the new mutant is the fact that even new born babies are being affected. Either it means that the new mutants are far more infectious as well as virulent and/or the virus has to find new hosts, given that the number of infectable adults has decreased, since many are already inoculated.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Vaccines for smallpox and polio were developed decades ago when the state of science and technology was very different from today. It’s apples and oranges to compare it to the speed of Covid vaccine today. Many companies are not starting from ground zero in any case. There has been plenty of research conducted on other coronaviruses which has been used to inform the strategies for Covid-19.
    Ultimately it is everyone’s personal choice to get vaccinated and there have no doubt been some adverse effects among the tens of millions vaccinated so far. But speed does not necessarily mean bad.

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Satchi in India harsly 2% of the population has been inoculated. So the virus has enough playing field left. Babies are vulnerable to the virus because their immunity system is weak.

7. satchitananda

But they were not vulnerable to the original strain, Balajee. Children below 10 were considered safe.

MalStrom likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Some people (group 1 ) choose to not take the vaccine and isolate themselves. The rest (group 2) accept the little inherent risk associated with the vaccine and take it.

Due to group 2, at some point of time, herd immunity is finally achieved. What next for group 1 then? They (also) get to step out of their isolation and resume normal lives? Why / why not?

abc00, shyamala1234 and Mistt like this.
  9. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Why change from a perfect life? The pandemic has offered a sweet excuse to those who don't wish to be part of the herd:
    We have the internet for that !!

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Antivaxxers have historically chosen to benefit from the herd immunity offered by those who do get vaccinated. It’s not going to be any different this time.

Roar, shyamala1234 and Rihana like this.