1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

why Hubby's heart not allowing his wife to spend some money to her family

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by krithi1611, Jun 30, 2015.

1. krithi1611

krithi1611 New IL'ite

Hi all,
    I got this question recently in my mind. need to know answers from you all :)
    Though we all r working women and helping financially to all our DHs. sometimes in emergency we feel to give some money to our family(own parents) that too our own money. while informing or when DH came to know that why thy are not happy:(. are they wont reaslise that " ive parents in the same way she will also feel to spend" when this change will come to indian men 's mind.

2. previ

previ Senior IL'ite

I guess I am blessed to have a DH who is extremely understanding and supportive of my decisions. He does not interfere when I have to give some money or gift my parents and vice versa. In fact we encourage each other to help our parents since they rarely ask for any help willingly.
    If you are facing this problem, I'd suggest you should have a talk with him (talk not argue) when both of you are in a good mood and get to know why he feels so. Maybe that'll help you.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There are women also who are not exactly happy about husband helping his parents with some money. The husbands go ahead with the giving anyway.

The difference is that many women want and crave husband's approval, and that too whole-hearted approval for giving money to own parents. The solution is for the woman to go ahead and give the money as needed, and being moderate, and not over-giving.

There are many things that spouse may not wholeheartedly like or be happy about. Key is to not focus on the spouse's disapproval. As long as spouse is not explicitly prohibiting giving money, things should be considered OK.

That being said, it does make life easier and happier if spouse is totally fine with the idea and even encourages wife to give money to her parents.

2 people like this.