1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Employees Leave Organisations

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Jun 1, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear sorna,
    i think the mnc should recheck into the credibility of the managers also, they are still not going further but want to sit back and let the man in the lead beat the guys into pulp as long as the work is done ok, recently my daughter chitra has got a good job with and mnc, and you know the manager there took his team of five members along, now how does a company recruite all freshers to make a team...sunkan

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

they know to survive,kanaka,
    they have learnt where to contribute better and how to layer their butter rather than to wait that to be given which is never the case for years together..sunkan

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear balajee,
    i am yet to get exposure to the situation that you mention here, but you must know our iyers slog a lot to come up it is the mehthas, and lalwanis or some northie who get away with the price catch and still they hop for more, we go for brands like IBM vow its a company that takes care of its employees only when a person goes out realises the difference and he comes back after 3 yrs to the company with better experience he thinks but the company is ready to take them back for a higher salary so what is the use of all those years of experience,now when a guy gets training abroad for each of his company hopping he becomes a whopping cream to be grabbed with so many exposures..so hopping is also good, after all follow the leader, only luck should stand by you, the loyalty is lost here is what i am trying to bring out...sunkan

4. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mam,

A vital topic.

As my other friends said people leave the organizations for various reasons. Those days it were for better prospects and a change of company / place. Now even if they give the same reason as better prospects, the actual reason is the employees being tortured mentally by their immediate boss or the department head, ego clash, etc.

Recently i happened to hear this incident in one of my friend's office. As i don't wish to quote the names i would address them as X, Y & Z. X is a person who works for the company for almost 20 years and has a good rapo with all his fellow workers and a good name amongst his bosses. X reports to Y (Department head). Y brings in a person called Z and asks X to report to Y thru Z. But Z is not as efficient as he is supposed to be for his designation and gets paid thrice the salary of X. Z passes all the works done by X in his name to Y and takes all the credit. X has a talk about this to Y directly but Y ignores him and says that he has to live with it. Getting fed up of all this, X quits the job. On quitting, the chairman meets X and asks the reason for his quitting the job. X gives the scenario at the office. Chairman calls for Y and shouts at him for not taking the responsibility in solving this issue. All certain done X has decided to quit.

Hope I were clear. In this case X got a good opportunity to work elsewhere cos he had a good experience. Now who is to be blamed? Y for bringing in such inefficient managers like Z?

In the above case X got a good job with a good remuneration cos of his experience. But how many of us are facing this issue and not able to quit for various personal & official reasons.

5. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

very true, sharadha,
    after all those contributions all hold an ambition to be recognized and appreciated and when it is missing new pastures are always there, happy for your contribution here..sunkan