Why does Chicken smell so bad???? plz help!

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by rosenav, Jul 3, 2009.

1. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

I have recently moved frm UK to US.....

I bought chicken from from walmart--( legs and thighs) and some reason chicken here have this horrible horrible smell ... i opened it and washed it my whole kitchen smells.... I had to shower like two times ... I stoped cooking chicken now... plz plz tell tell me what kind to chicken i need to buy ... i cant locate fresh butchers nearby as we live is somekind of a remote plc :bang

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I never buy meats from Walmart.....I have been burned several times. Do you have another store that you might try? Any local farms which might supply? If you need to buy from Walmart then try the frozen chicken which should be safer. Also, if you get bad chicken (or anything else) take it back!! If enought stuff comes back they will lose money and change. Be sure to keep your receipts.

3. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

thanks fr sharing......... i'm trying to locate some butchers.. or farms across

4. rajnilata79

rajnilata79 New IL'ite

ughh eekk eeek chicken from walmart, dont every do that. I dont even by cake mix from there, one time i bought this really cool bead necklace/belt/scarf thingy made in India and wore it once, while wearing it i noticed the beads coming offf.....wat will happen to the chicken then?

eewww