1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do Women Today Choose Conflict To Resolve Domestic Issues?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rosequeen, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I've also read and reread the (first) post many times. I even agreed with the gist of it. I tried to look at the overall message and not dissect any line out of context. But this leaves me speechless:

Nothing beats happy family (even when woman is working or is sole bread winner), far far far far below that is a single unmarried or widowed woman and little below that are divorced women.

If OP had said that married women are happier than single unmarried or divorced women, that would be an opinion that we can agree or disagree with. But to include and rank widowed women is horrible. I don't know how to express this... to compare a vidhwa (widow) with a suhagan (woman with husband alive) is so upsetting to read. It is cruel to say that a widowed woman's happiness is "far far far far below" that of a married woman.

OP, sorry for going on like this. Something about the widowed woman statement reminded me of the time my mother and aunts became widows. And another dear relative became a widow at just 39.

Ranchu, SuiDhaaga and Mistt like this.
  2. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

We live in a fair-weather society

When woman is married, she is treated with respect (by society in general)
    When she is widowed, society condemns her. All her friends and well-wishers disappear.

3. ducklingsree

ducklingsree Senior IL'ite

Not sure how a Divorce affect anyone but it will definitely affect the child life.
    @Rihana can you please message me the links of any old threads available (I tried to search but no results) about how to manage relationship with child after getting divorce. or can you please Open a thread where we can get other members thoughts on "how to manage relationship with child after getting divorce".

Thanks!

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

As long as the woman manages to get the pressure cooker and gas stove in the divorce settlement, the rest will fall into place.

Laks09 likes this.