Why do we have a Puja Room ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Informative

Dear Chithra

Just now finished reading this week's post, wonderful and brilliantly written. Through this wonderful posting you have covered all points abt how the pooja room shld be and its importance in our daily life.

Thanking u
    Love and Regards
    Priya

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou very much, Priya !

I am very happy to see that youngsters like you are taking a lot of interest in the cultural thead. An awareness of our culture at your age is ideal ! Please stay tuned.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for the delay.

Dear Mrs CV,
    Wonderful explanation on Pooja Room As Kamala said it gets very difficult to maintain a pooja roomhere. But we have a cupboard just for that purpose. As you said attitude is what counts whether it be pooja or anything else. That is what I teach my kids. Waiting for next Thur.
    Love,

4. Chitvish

Better late than never !

Dear Anjana,
    Thankyou very much for the F B .
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Ms C,

Just back from vacation and read your beautiful piece about the puja room. Your reply to Purnima was even better. Yes i truly belive that attitude is everything when it come to god. I was listening to a disourse on Bhagavatham a while ago, and it said that even if one concentrates totally on God for one minute in a day, he will be very pleased. So thats all it takes.
    I am fortunate that i have a house that provided me with a small room to keep my puja in. And yes, everytime i go to that room, i can feel the positive energy there and always manages to bring peace to me. So what do you have in store for next thursday?

Vandhana

6. Chitvish

Thankyou, Vandhana !

I always feel the lack of right attitude has degraded our culture to a very geat extent. We very often do things blindly without understanding the implication !
    Well, next thursday. we will see what we do in the puja room !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

7. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

small or big this room sure is a place to find peace

Dear Chitra,

Another beautiful mail on the significance of having a puja room at home.
    It’s surely a beautiful, content, peaceful feeling every time I spent time doing the puja & I do experience your words “feel rejuvenated & our spirit uplifted”, even after a simple puja. I do run to the puja room whenever there’s a problem, Chitra. It’s like having a conversation with a friend & I feel totally secure.
    Reading your mail soothes my mind. I liked your stress on ATTITUDE & do agree cent percent on that point.
    Looking forward to know more about the puja room & what we do in this sacred room.

Love & regards,

8. Chitvish

Hello Meena !

Thankyou for the F B.
    We can call our puja room, our " stress buster", right ? My mother always used to tell me' When you feel depressed, go to that room, talk to Him, shout to Him if need be, cry to Him. When you leave that room, you will feel strangely peaceful" !
    I still do that !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

9. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

very nice post about puja room.
    In your last reply u said that puja room is "stress buster", that is very true.
    whenever iam depressed, anybody hurt me, i go into the puja room and
    cry to him. even i did fight with him. after that, when i come out of puja room, really i feel very peaceful. whenever iam happy, i express that happiness to him first and thank him for that.

waiting for your next post on "what we do in puja room?"

regards,
    surya.

10. Chitvish

So thankful to you, Surya !

You have just echoed my sentiments ! In tamil we say, when we pray " kadhalaki, kasindhu, kanneer malki...." - I find that is very true !
    In energy classes , they teach us to do this, standing in front of the mirror, looking at your own image . Why do that when we have a patient listener in Him ? This is how we get closer to God.
    Thanks for your feed back.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.