Why do we go to temple ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jun 8, 2006.

1. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Chitvish mam,
    I have become an active member only today, though I have registered longtime ago, since I didnt complete activation, I couldnt reply or participate in any of the threads. However I have read many of your threads and found that to be quite enlightening . I was so impressed that today after completing the activation, I just searched for your threads and started writing to you. In fact I called my 13 year old daughter and read her aloud this particular explanation on going to temple.

Hats off to you mam, pl keep up the good work

Regards

Radhika

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Radhika. I want the younger generation, in particular, to be aware of the importance of all aspects of our tradition. Hope you like & enjoy IL!
    Love,
    Chithra.

3. sumasandeep

sumasandeep Silver IL'ite

As usual i can not utter a word after reading this thread... really very enlightening one...i just enjoyed whole conversation in the entire thread.

The meaning of Camphor aarati is so beautifully explained...hats off to u Aunty...

4. Chitvish

Your interest in this forum, at a young age amazes me no end, Suma!!
    Thanks.
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitu,:thumbsup

Excellent....
    Fantastic....
    Superb....

Luv

Shashu

6. amallela

amallela New IL'ite

Great article. Very much understood the meaning of why we visit Temples.

7. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chitra Mami,

Sorry for the late stepping in but better late than never. I was just going thru all the posts. I simply adore your way of answering with patience.:bowdown

These days we hardly have any time to wait for anything / anyone. We try to go to the temple on special occassions like b'days and anniversaries and rest of the days it all depends. Whenever we find leisure time we just think of going for shopping / going around with friends..and least think about going to the temples.

I've seen a few of friends who go to temples on compulsion.Why does anyone require to suggest / compel us to visit the temples.

From lighting a lamp and doing the pooja in a specific pattern has some significance. Many a times we keep questioning our elders as to why certian things needs to be done at specific timings..Most of the time our quesitons are left unanswered and so we dont give importance to such things. Once we get to know the significance of it we can offer our prayers whole heartedly.

8. Chitvish

Thanks, Shashu. I want youngsters to know the beauty of our culture besides the significance of everything we do in our dailylife!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Chitvish

We think we are not answerable to God, whether we go or not, to temples!! But the self-discipline it instils is great!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Sharadha, your avatar & signaure line show me how eco-friendly you are! That is also worship of God represented by nature!!
    When we go to temple, atleast for a spell of time, negative thoughts are away from us!!
    Thanks, better late than never!
    Love,
    Chithra.