1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do we fear death?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vanaja,
    Maybe if we know the date, place,time and the 'mode' of death we may fear evenmore, isn't it! That is why it is a 'secret'. Keep guessing!

You have correctly pointed out that desire and satisfaction plays an important role here.

Do some people really mean that , ok, I had done my duties, let me go.
    It is our desire to live longer life and attachment to the wordly things, makes us fear death, i suppose, alongwith other things mentioned.

sriniketan

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sriniketan,

Death is feared more because of not understanding life. Maybe we fear more because you are going to be facing it alone...

Was actually contemplating whether to write or not....because after having near to ...experiences, I don't fear death. Infact today, the realisation, of my mortality, has helped in my spiritual development and also contentment regarding materialistic things. it has made me look at things in a more organised way, with love and more patience. in other words, I am keeping myself always positive, that when the actual thing comes, i can leave without any regret.

When the understanding of life, and things are clear death looks more like a friend who is waiting to cut you off from your anchor and take you to a better plane..

These are just my views.....

3. Sriniketan

Sorry to learn that you had near....experiences.
    But the way you took things is really amazing!:hatsoff

Mostly, facing it alone and not understanding it well, contirbutes to fear it more!
    Rightly said that it is the one which cuts off our bondages and 'lifts' us to a better plane,(hope so)

sriniketan

4. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very Interesting topic Bhargavi
    And I am glad you set the tone with your leader post..this is just sharing our thoughts on this subject
    I generally feel its because its the unknown.. I am sure I would feel equally scared of bunjee jumping..so to me its an experience..
    Its been really interesting to read everyones replies.

5. Sriniketan

truly said AC about the fear.
    It is the unknown experience that makes us feel that way.
    Thanks for your FB, which adds more points to this subject.

sriniketan