1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do only good People Die ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Why Do Only Good People Die

I buy the Hindi Local paper, just to have a look to see whos gone upstairs.I come across orbituaries as you all do.Have you ever read about a Bad person dieing.All orbitouries speak well of the departed.I havnt come across even one orbituary that says something bad about the departed soul.

This proves to me that only Good people die,the bad stay behind to make merrySince I did not know my scoreboard upstairs,Not knowing how Good or bad I am and being in doubt,and wanting to hang around longer,I decided to add something more bad to my character,so that some black marks are put in my account with the Lord,and when he opens the computer to see which good guys to call up,my name wouldnt pop up .

I started to think what bad deeds can I come up with.Of the bad deeds that I could commit,some possibilities came up.Murder for one.But who would be the victim?And if caught,14 yrs behind bars to avoid going up,gave me the shivers.Robbery,wellif i got caught by the public,a good thrashing would follow.And considering a few other unprintable possibilities,I came across a small crime that I could commit,and get away easily.

At the nearest signal,I have seen so many begggars holding a bowl some of them blind.I thought they are the best victims to try.I came across a blind beggar,and he was saying"Allah ke Naam pe kuch De De".As his bowel approached me at the signal,I dropped a Ruppe coin and it made a 'clunk' noise and the beggar seemed happy.Quickly I swiped a two rupee coin from his bowl.As the car started to move,this beggar suddenly got his eyesight back,(The Lord is very merciful) and started to yell and curse me.And it made my day that I have committed a sin today of 1 Rupee and I have a black mark upstairs.

Now whenver this beggar feels(or sees) my presense at the signal,he just dosnt come anywhere near me.I even tried to give him a 5 rupee note,but he is too wary of me.Smart fellow.So I feel I have somewhat delayed my departure,due to my bad deeds and plan to contnue these deeds till I feel its filled my ledger with sufficient black marks.

Micheal Pinto who handles the services for the dead for Christians in Mahim,has some good Ads :

When you Drop Dead,Drop In
    We are the last persons to let you lie in peace.

Here is an Orbituary which i read and cut out because I loved it.So without comments here it is:
    18.1.05 TOI

Nine years spent without you have proved that time is not a good healer for us.We continue to be guided by your glow and miss your favourite melodies with "O Door ke musafir humko bhi Saath le le,hum reh gaye akele" o our lips.
    Mrs SGHHHHH

O mere Sathia kion tu rooth gaya.Bhara bhara parivar tu ne chor diya manjdhar.
    Tu ne himat aafat aei Jab Bhagwan ne tujhe bulaya saath tere koi na aya.Yahi hai duniya ka dastur.
    Teri yaad rahegi sada,jab tak suraj chand sitare hai.
    Teri khashboo rahegi sada jaise phoolon ki khushboo,mere as pas mandarti ho mere sapnon mein tum ati ho.
    Teri yaad sada hi ayegi,Tera chehra samne se hata nahin,aur waqt kate katta nahin.
    Grief striken
    XYZ Husband and Children

What I would like to be written for my Orbituary?:

Kamalji went many a mile,
    To make everyone smile.

Kamal

2. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

HI Kamalji,
    aaj kyon marne ka irada hain...ya phir jeene ki tamanna hain..?:mrgreen:

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Arch,

Great one liner from Guide.:) Thanks for yr first comments.Regards.kamal

I am just writing an article on the elephant Savitri who ran away with John the tusker, and who has come back to the circus.Watch out for it tommorrow.:2thumbsup: Thanks and regards.kamal

4. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

What I would like to be written for my Orbituary?:

Kamalji went many a mile,
    To make everyone smile.

Kamal

[/quote]
    wow!
    if kamalji goes mile then we all will miss our smiles!!!
    :-(

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mithiliji,

See i have to commit more bad deeds here to stay longer.You will always see good people die fast and young.

That is why i am doing bad deeds here , so that i live longer.:2thumbsup:

Thanks and regards.kamal

6. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

but god charges u for bad deeds...anyway god must be loving thts y he has giVen u to IL.............:yes:

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Mithiliji,

Well u are right God must be loving me that he has given me Indus.I write on another site also, but here i find people are quick to read,and comments and they comment Dil Se.Here it is like u are chatting more, than blogging.And here the bloggers are so intelligent in their comments it is a joy to be here.

again i must thank Sunkan who was after me for more than a week on the other site to join here.and i am glad i listened to her.

But u must curse her instead, bcs now u have to suffer me and my silly blogs.:)

thanks and regards.kamal

8. mithili

mithili New IL'ite

sirji,
    no griefs...we enjy each and every blog of urs ..i enjoy commenting than blogging...i shall find a day 2 to blog ...may be then i shall have more fans than u ...wat say...?:yes:

9. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

Good Question... Why do only good people die...

When a person dies we always talk about his good deeds.... Though we have our own comments which we dont want to express for our convenience/decency...Even Auto Shankar (Acriminal who reaped & killed lot of people in TN and hanged for his deeds) orbituary we will be saying that he is a great man etc....... We are born Hypocrites.... We dare not to tell the truth... It is not in us to call a Spade as a Spade....

On the lighter side of it......For your Bad deeds.. You can start investing some one Crore on Vedshan benefit Fund.... It was started yesterday....:2thumbsup:

Veda

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi kamalji,

REad long time back "there is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary"

I thought my FIL was the only one who reads obituaries... and think aloud "when will my visa come" and "jayam when are you going to call me" (jayam is my mil and is no more) and i quip "i thinking she is enjoying her stay there..why are you in a hurry"...

But all said... those obituaries you have quoted are so full of love..meaning...
    Dil se...

Heard that for some people...obituaries can be an endless source of inspiration and ideas for developing new fiction characters...

I think what would i like...then kishore kumars song....comes into mind...
    Zindagi ko bahut pyar humne diya, Maut se bhi mohabbat ni bhayenge hum