1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why do Men Post Unattractive Photos of themselves

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ChennaiExpress, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I think that makes sense ...... person can be over-smart to trap someone into marriage ......

2. ChennaiExpress

hahahahah, I'll be sure to never bring up the topic

You are your Husband's sweetheart, all your photos are beautiful to him

Agree .... God-willing this opportunity may be round the corner, so gotta take it nice and slow ....

1 person likes this.
  3. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

I guess men dont really care caus most ,think they are handsome until they are bald... jmo

1 person likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

That also makes sense. So many men approach women who are wayyyyyy out of their league ......

5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

This is something that has been beating me too since quite some time.

I have seen one profile of a guy where he has uploaded pictures of himself with cake smeared all over his face probably clicked during his birthday party.

It might be very funny for us to see this, but what exactly has he in mind when he uploads such pictures on his matrimonial profile?

2 people like this.
  6. ChennaiExpress

He's probably trying to show that he is fun to be around and has sense of humor .... just a guess .....

7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

CE,
    How does looks make anyone way out of league? So, a good looking guy is out of league for a "not good looking" (which is subjective) girl and vice-versa? Approaching that is considered "how dare he/she approaches with his/her look"? Shallow thinking?

1 person likes this.
  8. ChennaiExpress

Oh Dear, it's not the looks ...... when I was making that statement I was thinking about few troubling events in my past ....

Older (like 20 years older), shorter, fatty (not good looking fatty, disgusting fatty) white guy is flirting with me when I was working in an area of predominantly white people who thought foreigners were inferior, thinking that we are the perfect match. When I told my Dad he was angry and furious calling the people I work with backwards and illiterate (they are narrow minded, I have since left the place). They think because a few white people colonized the world 100s of years ago that they are all superior to foreigners ....

And even in a metropolitan area, when I was wearing makeup, one desi co-worker was introducing me to an old, fat, bald, out-of-shape, lifeless white guy, telling him, "she's pretty". I was horrified and disgusted because the desi is also holding the image that whites are superior. I bet if I was a white chick, he would have never made the introduction.

On the other hand, a few years back another co-worker introduced me and a guy to each other who was around my age, maybe an inch shorter, and he seemed nice and ok, we worked on a project together about a few days and that's all. I wasn't upset by this, I thought, ok, this introduction is compatible ......

When the previous person said men think they are attractive till they are bald, that's what prompted me to make the "out of league" statement. Because they (not all, not all, just a considerable segment of men) believe they can let themselves go, have all the bad habits, and at the end of the day, expect a beautiful woman who is 20, 30 years younger than them.

My ex wanted me for GC and said I was old lady even though we are around same age. He says no one will ever marry me again, but he will easily remarry. He is expecting to marry wife from India who is 20 years younger than him. Now my ex is balding rapidly .....

As a matter of fact, the missed match had the worst photos, and I was still interested in him (I even spotted an overhead pic of him, he has a bald spot!!!!). And even if he looks not so attractive in real life, I would still be interested in knowing whether he is nice human being. Sometimes we get attracted to people for different reason.

Once, I was attracted to a younger guy who was shorter, and had crooked nose, but he was super-duper smart. There was a hacking competition where there are 20 people to a team to solve problems. He solved the problems by himself and got admission to the University who was sponsoring the competition. Now this fantastic, super-duper smarty who can be the next Steve Jobs, or Bill Gates would be out of my league, even if I looked like a sultry sexy trophy wife ;-)

And I know one lady who had rough experiences with the desi community because she had dark skin compared to her siblings (she was jealous when I said I was happy when I was getting married, and she actually took delight that my abusive ex married me for GC). She said her father pressured her to correspond with old, disgusting men on matrimonial websites. Yes, even thought this lady had a big mouth and was rude to me when I was hurting most, I believe she was out of league for older, yucky looking men who were interested in her profile. She deserved much better in life, men who are attracted to her, and in return she should be attracted to them.

As for me, before I place ad, I will make myself to be best, attractive version of myself as possible (both inside and outside). Not that I am expecting the guy to be a 10, and then I be a 1 and demand that the guy like me.

I apologize if I offended anyone .... Sure, men and women want to see photos during matrimonial correspondence, but in the end, we actually forget the person's face and look into their hearts

1 person likes this.
  9. Ivanhoe

Ivanhoe Bronze IL'ite

I have seen people who have an uncanny understanding of human psychology make for very successful people. This is what makes for smartness and intelligence. This converts weaknesses into strengths.

This may vary from situation to situation and there can be no standard formulae. This is mostly instinctive and intuitional. Playing on the weaknesses of the intended person is a skill to achieve your ends. A planned and strategic approach can help achieve your goals provided one pays attention to minute nuances of human psychology.

Thus the why and how of it is a deep subject. Simplifying the explanation of human behaviour will not help much in explaining something so complex as erratic human behaviour.

1 person likes this.
  10. perfundo

perfundo Silver IL'ite

CE... absolutely sorry if I sound rude ,but in the most good sense possible.

If there were a Noble prize for the over analyzing-life category , I would give it you all years in a row :)

2 people like this.