1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why did your Last Friendship End?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vennella, Aug 12, 2015.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

If she is joining other so called friends and bitching about you,she is no friend in the first place.dont worry dear.good riddance!

luvpeace likes this.
  2. WorriesTooMuch

WorriesTooMuch Silver IL'ite

I had to weed out my last friend because she was too negative - not one day, not two days. For months and months she'd complain about her life. To be fair, she did have a tough life. But it got on my nerves after a while too, because it was endless, every single minute we interacted. It became so weary that I wouldn't reply for a while just to gather enough emotional energy. She did listen to me occasionally as well, so I can't say she dominated the conversation all the time, but those occasions were rare.

I slowly cut contact and am so much happier now.

CoolPie, Vennella, luvpeace and 2 others like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

A horrible day...

Me and one of my good friend had to part our ways today.

He became my friend through one of my colleague, as he was her good friend. Since then, we are friends. In fact, he considered myself as one of his best buddy and always valued my opinions.
    In the past year, we grew very close to each other and built a strong friendship.
    We both are matured adults, married with kids, and professionals too. Yet, we found this friendship to be very interesting.
    We usually communicated via social media.. like whatsapp and FB and mainly via group chats.

Today, all of a sudden he started with a religious conversation. It got heated up in a while when we spoke about the differences.
    Sadly each of us became defensive of our respective religion, which triggered each other to cross our decent limits.
    He was too bad with his words when he criticized Christians, and it hurt me to the core. I tried to stop him and even left the conversation abruptly as it was going nowhere. But he repeatedly hurt me by speaking bad language. He was blind when it comes to basic decency or friendship, but was concerned only about Religion, as if it was a Jihad.

So, I unfriended him, blocked his contacts, and told him to shut up.

Sunshine04, CoolPie and Vennella like this.
  4. buddha

buddha New IL'ite

My friendship with a person ended because I was just being used as a babysitter/ to feed her pets during her vacations ( which was often ) / watch her kids so that she can nap etc etc. I realized little late in the game and slowly cut her off.

Mehana, Vaikuntha, CoolPie and 2 others like this.
  5. Ravsaries17

Ravsaries17 Senior IL'ite

I ended my friendship with my friend of 5 years because he was very negative about his wife and in-laws . both his wife and he were in the same class as mine and they had had a love marriage so knowing both of them well i knew he always was little egoistic, little selfish and short tempered to the core. when anything goes wrong in his life he would blame others and not own up...everyone has problems in life ! but owning up issues and finding solutions to the problem is the best recipe for life..

Vennella likes this.
  6. Dishaa

Dishaa Gold IL'ite

Lord Krishna has been my best friend since time I can remember, our friendship has managed to survive all these years (thick and thin).

Sunshine04, Vaikuntha and Vennella like this.
  7. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Hi everyone...I had a very good friend from my school days. After my marriage I moved out of India. While on holidays she came once or twice to meet me. Then in one of the vacations I was not able to call her. She became so toxic and she started writing on my Facebook wall in a very complaining and mean sort of way. I called her the next time I was in India but there was a rift and the conversation was strained. Met her in a group setting once and she was super mean for some reason. Now i have zero interaction with her. I think it's because her family got very very rich. And now she talks like one of those obnoxious super rich women. I happy that she is doing well but her behaviour towards me was terrible.

Vennella likes this.
  8. popup

popup New IL'ite

Just she has too much jealousy. And I am happy too because I don't need to pamper her anymore. Since I am juggling with many problems in my life.

CoolPie and Vennella like this.
  9. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

She had developed a feeling as my daughter and her son were best friends (not even teens). So on and off she started blaming my daughter for silly things. I stood up for my daughter in one issue..and she spreaded the issue to everyone.. felt awkward for that narrow mindness... eventually i stopped talking with her.

Vennella likes this.
  10. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

I am not really good in maintaining friendships, I am a person who dont call often to chitchat or general talk, so eventually lost some good friendships over the period of time. I have turned down couple of invitations and people started maintaining distance.

1. Need to attend office outings though i like or not to have connection with colleagues and other Team people
    2. Attending potlucks just to maintain some contacts with community
    3. Trying to be friendly with daycare teachers, so she will take care my kid nicely
    4. Chatting with india/US friends so i will not be left out in case of any gettogethers or outings

Dont know whether i am over analyzing everything, it took some time for me to understand that genuine friendship is very rare once you started working. Friendships in workplace/apartments are not really friendsip but it is social contact.

Sri2196, Vaikuntha and Vennella like this.