1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Cant People understand??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rekhaatu, Mar 29, 2013.

1. rekhaatu

rekhaatu Silver IL'ite

I am just writing this post in such a frustrated mind... I just dont know why people dont understand simple things.
    Here are few experiences of mine.

1. I understand many people prepare fake resumes and get jobs in US(in india too)
    And the software industry is so damn filled with all the fake candidates that I learned to live with it. The problem starts when any of the friends wife starts looking out for job. As unfortunately i am in QA, most married women choose that and the reason they say is "its easy". They come to me asking for guidance on what to study and etc. And finally they ask for my resume.
    Come'on... Every word in my resume is from my work. I never copied or put any false statements in my resume. My resume is 7.5 yrs work. How can they just ask like that. even if i say i bluntly that I dont like to share, they say, come on its just a resume.
    I mean what.. only people who work will understand the pain.

2. And the next question, most often asked question is "whats your salary?"
    Many people might not find any wrong in this but its my personal choice not to discuss about my salary to anyone except my family.
    If i tell the same answer, they say i will share mine too. what a big deal in telling your salary? we will not ask your money.
    One should respect others thoughts. I chose it to keep private. i dont even care what everyone else is earning and i never ask.
    If I say the same, i am having adverse negative effects. I lost my job just a week after. it could be a coincidence but I believe the negative energy with which others see you will definitely have some effect on you.

3. Finally, most popular question. "Why are you not planning for kids? Its time now. Do plan"
    We are not waiting for your permission. It is such a personal thing that we cant even discuss. People might have health issues or fertility issues. Its ok to ask once. but dont keep haunting. You can never know what going on in others life. How much pain they are going through.

Housewives, working professionals, educated everyone asks these without thinking or valueing others opinions.
    I dont know how to answer or avoid such questions without offending others.
    Please suggest.

2 people like this.

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

You cannot avoid or prevent them for asking.
    Answer: Sorry I consider it as personal/private information, and would not want to share it. I understand you feel differently about this, but I would have to go by my values on this. I am sorry.

How many ever times they push -- Repeat the answer.
    Be prepared to lose some of them as "friends"...thats the price for insisting on decency. They just dont know how to behave decently and probe for personal info, if they move away from being "friends" - good riddance.

3. Amartan

Amartan New IL'ite

My straight to anyone who asks for my salary is "I earn enough to feed myself three meal a day" trust me they will think twice before asking anyone from there on

1 person likes this.