1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are We Here?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

In the perfect cycle of life, each part has its designated function. No part of creation is free to do as it pleases because the well-being of each part depends on the well-being of all other parts of creation. Nature’s law of inter-dependency guarantees that no creature will overpower other creatures because to destroy other creatures would mean destroying itself. This is what we learn from the ancient wisdom of Kabbalah.

Do species live alone, or do many live in communities with other organisms? All species rely on other species in some way in order to survive. They may rely on other species for food, shelter or to help them reproduce. The bee is helping the flower spread its pollen. Species are not independent, they are interdependent. Biological interactions are the interactions between different organisms in an environment. In the natural world, no organism is cut off from its surroundings. Organisms are a part of their environment which is rich in living and non-living elements that interact with each other in some way. The interactions of an organism with its environment are vital to its survival, and the functioning of the ecosystem as a whole.

These relationships can be categorized into many different classes. The interactions between two species do not necessarily need to be through direct contact. Due to the connected nature of ecosystems, species may affect each other through such relationships involving shared resources or common enemies. The term symbiosis comes from a Greek word that means “living together.” Symbiosis can be used to describe various types of close relationships between organisms of different species, such as mutualism and commensalism, which are relationships in which neither organism is harmed. The biosphere includes all living things within all of their environments. It includes every part of the environment where life exists, from the upper reaches of the atmosphere to the top few meters of soil, to the bottoms of the oceans. An ecosystem is made up of the relationships among smaller groups of organisms with each other, and with their environment. Scientists often speak of the inter-relatedness of living things, because, according to evolutionary theory, organisms adapt to their environment, and they must also adapt to other organisms in that environment.

Having started with the rich Kabbalah’s wisdom, why I digressed away discussing the science so much? What am I trying to convey through this snippet? Before, anyone could stop reading, let me get back to the subject. Is there an exception to this natural science? If so, how do I find it? There is no need for me to spend billions of dollars researching and all I need to do is to look at myself and my fellow beings around me. We are the only specie in the world destroying the naturally connected ecosystems without realizing how we affect the other living beings through our actions.

We cut the trees round the clock and destroy the forests for our own benefit either to develop other products we need or at least to build dwelling units for ourselves. We never rebuild forests we destroyed to balance the ecosystems. We destroy water sources in order to occupy the land without realizing how many birds and animals are drinking water from such sources. We throw so much of plastic into the oceans destroying the natural ecosystems of species living in the oceans. Recently, a large whale was found by a few in the shore still alive and when they opened the mouth, they found huge collection of plastic inside its stomach.

We are polluting the entire atmosphere with carbon emission resulting in making holes in the ozone layer and increasing the temperature of this planet that may not sustain other species. Arctic and Antarctic snow mountains are slowly dissolving raising the ocean water alarmingly each day. Thousands and thousands of birds migrate from place to place for seasons and without bothering such activities, we destroy the environment resulting in those birds have no place to go. The human greed takes tons and tons of fishes from the ocean for its own growth and development without contributing a single dime for the well-beings of species in the ocean. We pollute the rivers with chemicals and let that water merge with the ocean killing millions of species in the ocean.

The planet earth doesn’t exist for promoting and developing one specie called human. The One who created all the species and the ecosystems gifted intellect to the humans to facilitate maintaining the ecosystems and assist the other species to coexist peacefully. Only the human beings are destroying the planet in ways and means affecting the peaceful coexistence of the fellow-species. It is time for all of us to think about how to keep our environment clean, avoid polluting the air, avoid experimenting on the animals for learning science, clean the ocean, rebuild water sources and forests, clean up our rivers and feed and give clean water to the animals, birds, insects and plants with love and compassion.

Prayers I talked about in my previous snippet would work once we join hands with the Creator in sustaining the ecosystem for the benefit of all living-beings. We excavate this planet for our needs such as food, water, metals, etc. and what do we give this planet in return? We have to stop thinking how to exploit the ecosystems to satisfy our greed and instead start thinking what we need to give back in order to make use of this ecosystems. Expressing love to the fellow-species and recreating the environment that is conducive for all living-beings to coexist is the best way to express our gratitude and love to the Creator. In fact, we are created for this purpose only.

kcb, Amica, knbg and 3 others like this.

2. Lata6

Lata6 Gold IL'ite

Loved this Snippet.
    Liked this,
    Expressing love to the fellow-species and recreating the environment that is conducive for all living-beings to coexist is the best way to express our gratitude and love to the Creator. In fact, we are created for this purpose only.

Viswamitra likes this.
  3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vishwa,

Yes true, this planet does not exist only for humans to do as they want to. The trees if they are used for their wood,for paper, for fire take a long time to grow.

WE would do well to coexust with nature, for that only will sustain us over the years and centuries.

Regards

kamal

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

@Lata6,

Thank you for your visit to this snippet and I am glad you liked reading it especially, the last sentence. I chose a new signature line base on this snippet as well. I wrote this snippet by mere coincidence without realizing yesterday was Earth Day. When I was watching television later in the evening, I realized the day was celebrated as Earth Day. I was grateful to the inner spirit for making me chose this day to write this snippet.

Viswa

Lata6 likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Kamalji,

Thank you for reading this snippet. I am okay with the humans using the planet for their benefit as they are part of this planet but against using it in a manner disruptive to the other species. We need to grow as many trees as we cut and we need to create habitats for the other creatures to coexist. There should never be an endangered specie in the world.

The humans should not be determining who has the right to exist in this planet.

Viswa

6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Dear Vishwa Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your indepth knowledge. Your snippet is a study of human behaviour.

I agree with you that human being are the most intelligent species yet the most destructive ones. How senseless could we get right? We cut down trees,destroy the fields to construct more and more skyscrapers, pollute the rivers,air and complain about the temperature being so high. Like seriously, doesn't no one realises the role we play?

The squirrels which came to visit me at the window pane and the dragonfly which works as an LED light is just a memory of the past.

Thank you once again for the awakening my thoughts.

knbg and Viswamitra like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Meril,

Thank you for your visit to this snippet and kind words of appreciation. I am truly humbled.

We have to understand that our right to scratch the surface of the earth to make a living has to be shared with fellow-species and they have as much right as the humans to explore the planet. In fact, none of them change or modify the habitats nor destabilize the habitat of other species. They do satisfy the hunger through the means available but never ruin the ecosystems. In fact, they facilitate sustaining the ecosystems and demonstrate love and help one another as much as possible.

The day we understand the interdependence of the species, we will begin to rebuild the ecosystems and can remove the label that we are the most dangerous specie destroying the ecosystems.

Viswa

8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@Viswamitra, I love all your snippets, but especially this one. Perfect for Earth Day! :thumbsup:

Human beings have been destroying the planet out of ignorance. Now that we understand the effects of our actions, we are trying to change our ways. I hope it is not too late. :worried:

It helps to remember that in the next life we will have to deal with the mess we leave behind in this life. :)

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. HYDGIRL1234

HYDGIRL1234 Silver IL'ite

Very nice snippet vishwamitra

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Dear Amica,

It is like receiving fresh air when I read your response to this otherwise orphaned snippet. It is always encouraging to hear that you read my snippets and this one is your favorite.

Better late than never. At least now, let us understand how this planet embraces every being in this planet. Nature is nothing but manifestation of the source and we need to respect it in order to get the love from the source. It is like serving the poor, elders and sick in order to get the blessings from the Lord.

Viswa

Amica likes this.